Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just got a 2003 GT (automatic trans) about a month ago and I love it. It is my first mustang!

One problem I am having is that sometimes after I have been driving for a while and been in stop and go traffic with my foot on brake, I start to get a vibration in shifter....seems like a transmission problem. When I move it out of drive into neutral, the vibration stops, and then starts again when I put it back in drive. It only happens intermittently and I have take to dealer once, but mechanic could not reproduce. It seems to be happening more frequent.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Truly and honestly, I would take it back again to the dealer. I would tell them that just because your mech can't reproduce the vibration doesn't mean that it's not happening. If you know how to reproduce the vibration, have them ride with you in the car to show them what's happening.

The car is only one month old. I wouldnt put up with it. Good luck!:cool:

·
Registered
133 Posts
tkdwolf said:
Hello all,

I just got a 2003 GT (automatic trans) about a month ago and I love it. It is my first mustang!

One problem I am having is that sometimes after I have been driving for a while and been in stop and go traffic with my foot on brake, I start to get a vibration in shifter....seems like a transmission problem. When I move it out of drive into neutral, the vibration stops, and then starts again when I put it back in drive. It only happens intermittently and I have take to dealer once, but mechanic could not reproduce. It seems to be happening more frequent.

Any ideas?

Thanks
TAKE IT BACK!!!!!! Thats what the warranty is for.

John

·
Registered
86 Posts
Start with the basics and check the level of the trans fluid when hot. If OK, have the Ford mechanics check the adjustment of the shifter mechanism. Hopefully this will stop the problem.

·
Registered
643 Posts
So what did you find out?
Does anybody else have the same problem? Seems like I do. :(

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I tool it back to dealer and they replaced the transmission valve body. It took several trips to dealer to reproduce the problem. With new valve bodey, trans is now working as expected. What kind of problem are you having?

·
Registered
643 Posts
Occasional slight buzzing from tranny when I stop with gearshifter in D, goes away when shift into N.
It's very subtle and I'm not sure if I should worry at all because I've seen a lot of automatic cars that *really* vibrate when you stop in D.:confused:
Did yours go away completely, not even a hint of that buzz?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, the vibration went away completely. How long has your trans been vibrating like that? Also, I know it sounds simple and I do not mean to insult, but have you checked trans fluid level?

·
Registered
643 Posts
;) Yes. I guess I know what might be the prob, when I did that Jerry mod I installed featured in article higher pressure EPC solenoid and plus I have Autologic chip that bumps tranny line pressure a bit. TCCOA tranny article says that buzzing is usually caused by valve resonating in valve body when pressure is adjusted via screw on that solenoid. We didn't touch the screw though. :confused:
Wish I went with PA street/stip valve body intead, oh well may be I will soon, it's not that expensive. Or may be upcoming fordchip tune takes care of it, who knows.
Just want to know if that problem is common, because I've seen that happen in other cars as well (ford, dodge, gm..).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts