Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. If I were to do an engine swap with a '99+ GT, do I have to buy a whole new exhaust system? Cuz I love the setup I have on my '96. Good question.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
its just that this guy is selling his stock exhaust off his 2003 gt for 50 bucks... and i need an exhaust for my gt... thats why i needed to know:D

·
Registered
106 Posts
it won't work, The passenger side header connects different and the hangers are different?

·
Registered
249 Posts
molotov cocktail said:
what about just the catback... no hpipe from a 2003 gt.. will that fit my 96??
I don't see why not. Hangers will need to be modified, but any muffler shop worth their weight in poop will be able to do that.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Is there any advantage to the 03? Diversified is selling them for like 90 bucks.
Erich

·
Registered
2 Posts
The newer h-pipes fit, however it's the drivers side back converter that rubs against the bottom of the car. The catback will fit though.

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
68Stang said:
I don't see why not. Hangers will need to be modified, but any muffler shop worth their weight in poop will be able to do that.
True, but keep in mind the tailpipes on a '96-'98 are exposed and usually finished, where the pipes on a '99+ are finished at the tip only. The rest is underneath and doesn't need to look "pretty".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts