Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Grrrr.....
Just received the Steeda Tri Ax I ordered for my 2003 Cobra which is on order. At the very end of the instruction sheet there is a note for those who have a T-56 tranny.....which the cobra of course will have.......the note says:

IMPORTANT! T-56 TRANSMISSIONS ONLY: The reverse lockout solenoid on the transmission must be wired to a 12 volt switch to allow you to engage reverse gear. Do not attempt to force the transmission inot reverse. Once the reverse lockout is disengaged the shifter should go into reverse easily. Contact your transmission supplier if you need more information about the reverse lockout switch.

So now the question being if this will also apply to the T-56 in the cobra or not. If I have to have a toggle switch somewhere in the car to be able to grab reverse, I guess the Tri Ax is going back and I will have to make do with the Ford sloppy stock shifter. Any info is greatly appreciated! Thanks.......C-ya

·
Registered
150 Posts
It's almost been a year since you posted this, but I figure I'll at least answer it now. :D

Just bolt-n-go. The Steeda Tri-Ax will work just fine for the 2003 Cobra T56. No concern about the reverse lockout.

To answer your other part, yes it does effect your 2003 Cobra. The 2003 Cobra T56 has a reverse lock. :) The EEC (computer) controls it already. No need for a toggle switch or anything.

On people that are swapping in T56 into non-six speed cars, most people tie the reverse lock out into the brake padel. So every time the brake is applied (i.e., you slow down to a stop for a parking place), the lockout will be released and you can easily put it in reverse. Release the brake (i.e. WOT or normal 4-5 shifting) and you're locked out because you aren't on the brake. :)

Eric

1 - 2 of 2 Posts