Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2003 Cobra convertible delayed until May 2003

My friend ordered a 2003 Triple black Cobra convertible a few months ago. Today he got bad news from the dealership. Ford is having production issues with the new style convertible top, and remaining convertibles will be pushed back until May 2003 !!! <<<-correction] He's still going to wait for it. For me that is just too long of a wait. They also mentioned that the price will be $37000 sticker + $3000 market mark-up. That's $42,400 with tax !!!!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wow. Just when we thought they had pulled their heads out.

Ford strikes again.

:(

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Actually, it won't be ready until May 2003. Sorry for the confusion. Posting has been edited.

·
Registered
181 Posts
With nearly 400 ft-lb of torque in the flimsy '79 Fairmount convertible chassis, I can see why Ford had problems. I think the absolute first thing '03 Cobra owners should do is get a good set of subframe connectors welded in.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cobragb said:
I hope this is a joke!
Originally, it was supposed to come in May but because he elected to have the chrome rims it was delayed until September. Now, May 2003...that's crazy!!!

·
Registered
336 Posts
Excellent. That gives me more time to save up for a blower + intercooler so I can keep up with these factory beasts. :D

(although it is still sad that Ford would experience yet another Cobra issue; read: 1999)

·
Registered
44 Posts
bassin247 said:
your friends dealer or your friend do not know what they are talking about. If the car is going to be delayed until May, its going to be May 2002 not 2003. My dealership has one scheduled to arrive next week.
hi, it's may 22nd, 2002 today.

-d

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Re: 2003 Vert

Fast95 said:
He's not joking I received a call from the Dealership on Tuesday saying my Cobra won't be in till next Spring. I would not lie about something like that.
Thanks man.

You know what pi$$e$ me off about this forum? There's always someone that will jump all over you about something you know and that something they know nothing about. Uhhuum..bassin247...SilverY2KGT...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Re: 2003 Cobra convertible delayed until May 2003

Slithering_Joe said:
My friend ordered a 2003 Triple black Cobra convertible a few months ago. Today he got bad news from the dealership. Ford is having production issues with the new style convertible top, and remaining convertibles will be pushed back until May 2003 !!!
The first thing I have to ask myself here is: If new the top is the
problem, wouldn't it be something that would be corrected by
the regular MY03 Mustang Job date 1 at the very latest? I mean,
how can they possibly start building 03 GT and V6 convertibles in
September if the new top is not going to be ready til next spring?

Grain of salt sitting right here --> .

·
Registered
53 Posts
Re: Re: 2003 Vert

Slithering_Joe said:

Thanks man.

You know what pi$$e$ me off about this forum? There's always someone that will jump all over you about something you know and that something they know nothing about. Uhhuum..bassin247...SilverY2KGT...
You know what pi$$e$ ME off about this forum? Reactionary idiots that hear the most miniscule of rumors,then don't bother to check to see IF the information is indeed factual,and then come here and post their drivel,trying to stir up trouble.:mad:

Uhhuum..Slithering_Joe...Fast95... :bs: :blam:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Re: Re: 2003 Cobra convertible delayed until May 2003

mkoesel said:

The first thing I have to ask myself here is: If new the top is the
problem, wouldn't it be something that would be corrected by
the regular MY03 Mustang Job date 1 at the very latest? I mean,
how can they possibly start building 03 GT and V6 convertibles in
September if the new top is not going to be ready til next spring?

Grain of salt sitting right here --> .
So who said all Stangs were getting this new material for the top? Is it not possible that it will only be used on Cobra convertibles?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Re: Re: 2003 Vert

Slithering_Joe said:

Thanks man.

1800 367 3788

That is SVT's hot line. Call them up like I did and ask them if they verts are delayed until Spring 2003. You will get the same answer I did, and that was NO!

I don't "jump all over people when they know something that I have no clue about." I've had a 2003 coupe on order since 2-8-02, do you? I've talked with a sales manager at every svt dealer located within a 150 mile radius of my house, have you? I've talked with the people at SVT and VOPC about the status of my order and asked about any delays, have you? Does that mean I know everything.. No, does that mean I know something.. Yes

I don't like when people come to this forum and say I heard it from someone who heard it from someone who heard it from their salesman. There are a lot of salesman who know know d!ck about their job and they tell the people they are selling the car to wrong info or there are people who don't understand what their salesman say, and then they come to this board and post something they wouldn't bet their left nut on and get people in a frenzy.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.