Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I almost bought my Wife a new Mustang GT. The dealer almost screwed me over big time. He was trying to sell me the car for $25,300. This GT has no leather, is manual, has the regular 17 inch wheels, 5-speed, and cd player (I assume it's NOT the Mach 460). I checked the board the day before I planned on buying it and it saved me a few G's (it seems like everyone on the board got theirs for $22,000). I talked to Him today and he said he would have to give alot of his profit and offered me $23,900 (he said he was only going to make $1,600 at $25,300). I got the 2.9% approved for 48 months(I have great credit). Any advice?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Price seems high. I just paid $23,200 for my 2002 GT premiun. Leather with everything except Mach 1000. For a deluxe(base) gt the invoice price is right at $21,900. Tell them you will give them $22,200 for the car or your going else where. That's $300 over invoice. They wanted $25,015 for my GT. If They really want to sell a car, they'll let you have it for $22,200. You can even go lower. Just stick to your guns. It's your money.
Go to "www.kbb.com" click on "new car pricing" select a model, And then goto "Build This Car" There you can select all the options you want, and it will give you Invoice and MSRP.

Sid

·
Registered
150 Posts
I doubt you can hold out but I bought my 00GT in Jan of 01 and paid 19,200. No leather, no mach, no traction control. 17in wheels and basics only. Also got 2.9% for 60 months.

The pain is having two car payments..........and the fiancee just got laid off. Man life sucks.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I got my 2002 GT Vert with all options (leather, trac, mach 1000) for $28,000 flat. Thats $3000 under invoice!

Remember most dealers are concerned about moving numbers, not about profit from individual cars - most dealerships get around 3% back from Ford for every car sold.

·
Registered
114 Posts

i got mine for 22,500 basic mineral gray,leather trim,mach 460........ i think got ripped when i got the extended warranty

·
Registered
56 Posts
Got mine for 21k with xtended warrenty

Bought it in late August 2001 before the 02's started showing up

later

AL

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Guys!

I about got screwed! Topless Cobra, I'm going to look into carsdirect.com. That dude was trying to pay off some bills (the dealer). I went out to the track yesterday and it made me curious to how fast I can get the GT to run stock. Also, what are the first mods to get it running faster? I'd like to be in the 12's somewhere. Thanks for all the input!

·
Registered
9 Posts
2002 GT--just the way you describe yours...paid 21050.
My wife use to sell cars, so she force fed them all of the bull sh$t that they were trying to give us up front. it took three days, but we paid pretty much what we wanted to for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Premium wheels, Mach460, leather, 5-spd: $23,000 back in October. 0% - 36 month financing. Always go to the dealer with kelly blue book (kbb.com) or Edmonds.com INVOICE printout and start negotiating from that amount. And, ALWAYS test drive the vehicle of your choice to make sure that none of the mechanical issues that are talked about in these mustang forums are present. If you can't get your price and satisfaction, take a walk. Plenty of dealers out there!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
Ya dude - you're being ROYALLY screwed... I just got my 2002 Premium with the Mach 460 for $21,500. That was with the $1500 cash back though.

Remember - the dealers ALWAYS get holdbacks from the manufacturer - so even if they are telling you their only going to make $200 or something like that - chances are they're making more like $700.

Go someplace that is a no haggle dealer - they'll usually give you a straight up price like $400 over invoice or something like that.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Either prices shot up like crazy or you guys pay more for cars in the states!I bought my 2000 GT, fully loaded with leather, Mach460 and 17" wheels in September 2001 when the 01's started coming out for 28 880$ CAD, that's about 18 195$USD.
When you guys say 22 to 25K, is that including tax or no???

·
0 Posts
I dont know if I got ripped, but I just bought my 2002 GT with the premium package. mach 1000, leather and the bullet rims for $23,504 before taxes

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: Thanks Guys!

savercool said:
I about got screwed! Topless Cobra, I'm going to look into carsdirect.com. That dude was trying to pay off some bills (the dealer). I went out to the track yesterday and it made me curious to how fast I can get the GT to run stock. Also, what are the first mods to get it running faster? I'd like to be in the 12's somewhere. Thanks for all the input!
For a good (IMO) review of the basic bolt-on's with dyno backup, take a look at the May issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. They did the works on a 2001GT with dyno pulls on the baseline and between each mod.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
2001trueblueGT

Could you email me the write from that article (MM&FF May issue about the 2001 GT Buildup)? Thanks, :cool:

·
Registered
636 Posts
Re: 2001trueblueGT

savercool said:
Could you email me the write from that article (MM&FF May issue about the 2001 GT Buildup)? Thanks, :cool:
Sure. Give me a day or two, I need to scan it in for you. ;)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts