Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First time posting with my new car. I used to have a 97 cobra that I bought from someone through this site.
My new car is a 2002 GT and it has around 53,000 miles on it. The car has eaton locking posi, 3.73s, ford racing axles, bbk shorty headers, bassani x-pipe wth high flow cats and borla cat back. Also has K&N cold air intake. The car uses a 91 octane tune from bama.
She has steeda sport springs (lowered 1.25 inches), steeda subframe connectors and tokico sport shocks. 18 inch wheels all around, 295s in the rear.

I am looking to bring my car to the next level. I miss the power my cobra had, but I also want to surpass 305 horsepower from the 4v.I am looking for some advice on what people do to make moderate power with the 2v, but still leaves potential to make more power. I am not sure if cam and heads are the best option or a power adder. I appreciate your reply's.

-Matt

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
Yup....1 weekend + 1 ProCharger = 400+ Reliable hp that will keep you smiling for a while...until you get used to it...then you will be "one of us" lol

·
Registered
155 Posts
+2 on the blower. Easiest and quickest way. I run a vortech v-1 and wouldn't change it for anything. Heads and cams is another option. Depending on your budget and where you want to go with the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the responses everyone. I found my car on ebay last year from a kid who was building it to run boost, but never got around to it. I think 400hp would be a great place to be with my car. I think that would keep me happy for a while. I would still want the car to be my daily driver though...would that change any of your suggestions? Besides the Vortech, are there any other kits you guys suggest?

·
Registered
478 Posts
Centri blower is the way to go. I have one and I started out just as you did with basic bolt-ons. I daily drove my mustang for 3 years racking up 33k miles with the blower installed. Averaged about 220 a tank with my auto and 3.73's. Now, the car is retired to weekend cruises and the occasional burnout at 50 when I decide to abuse a corvette or something...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts