Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to the track this friday with my totally stock 2001 GT with 3:73 gears. My car is fully loaded with leather, AC, spare tire in the trunk, MACH 460. I ran at best 13.69. :lol: The weather was cool around 10* celsius with no humidity. After a couple of runs, i ran constantly between 13.8-13.9.

I just wanted to share my times with everyone. And I will be installing Hooker LT with their offroad x-pipe as soon as i get them. What would you think I would run after I install my LT + x-pipe???

·
Registered
77 Posts
good times!! what was your mph?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
13.6 at 102mph

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I took off like if I was driving normally on the street. I gave no gas at all. Almost making the car bog at the start. I tried everything that day and that was my best time. I tried giving a little gas, about 1000 RPM but I would rip through first gear and my time would be between 13.8-13.9. Don't forget, I had my stock tires. With better tires, I'm sure you can rev a little more. If I gave no gas at all, just like I did, but I was a little late with the gas pedal, I ran 13.9 (making the car bog at the start). It's pefection. You have to take off normally without making the car bog at the start and without giving too much gas and reving no more than 1000 RPM. Also, no powershifting. I found powershifting wasn't worth it. I felt that it does more damage to your transmission than anything else. I did it once and i ran 13.9. I just shifted really fast. Almost if I was powershifting. I guess its just practice. All I can say, while I start pressing the clutch in, I was taking it out of gear at the same time. By the time my clutch was totally engaged, I was already putting it in gear. Right after, I just floor it. Understand??? All I can say, 3:73 are amazing. I never tried 4:10 or been in a car with 4:10 but I would think it would be too much, especially if you go to te track once in a while and use your as car everyday driving. I say this because I have no traction what so ever in first gear. Thats just my opinion. No flames intented. Hope this helps.

Feel free to ask me anything else

·
Registered
317 Posts
Vicious - does your '01 GT have the 3650 tranny? Are you shifting to 4th due to the 3.73s in the 1/4 mi?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I couldn't tell you. How could I found out? All I can say is that I got my car in february 2001.

·
Registered
317 Posts
From the looks of your build date, chances are you have the T-45 instead of the 3650. Later build 2001 GTs began receiving the 3650s. Mine was built in 8/2001 and has the 3650. From what I understand, the best way to find out is to see if the tranny has a drain plug on the bottom of the tranny. If it does, you have the 3650. Another way to find out is to look at a service order you received from the dealership if you've ever had it in for service. Check out the "transmission type" code.

So, are you shifting to 4th in the 1/4 mile?

·
Registered
556 Posts
I sure hope he's shifting to 4th gear!

Those are some good times. I don't know about LTs but my x w/cats and cat-back was worth .3 and 2mph, so I'd figure even more for the LTs!

Have fun!
Jeff

·
Registered
272 Posts
so i most likely have t45 tranny with a 2k gt , cuase i just installed steeda tri-ax shifter .

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So, are you shifting to 4th in the 1/4 mile?
Yes, I did have to shift to 4th

·
Registered
127 Posts
i have 4.10's and sounds like i'm set up like you are and my car has gone a best of 13.56 @101 and that was on the 245/45 street tires... don't fear the gear... 4.10's are the absolute best thing i've ever thought about doing... it's still a very streetable gear...

·
Registered
127 Posts
not doin pullies on my car, because i want to see 12's on a completely STOCK 2v :) will do rear suspension next and get some sticky tires, then will do FULL exhaust... after that i might be out of warranty, and we all know what happens to engines when that happens... lol...

·
Registered
86 Posts
GT 1/4 mile

I ran my stock heavy 2001 convert. auto It ran a best of 14.5 @94 MPH
and 14.37 with a K&N filter @ 95 MPH with traction on and no other mods.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts