Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just brought her home last night. you guys will probably be seeing alot of me asking questions and stuff, always been a pushrod guy so im learning.

2001 Bullitt #475 by boostdcoupe, on Flickr

·
Registered
191 Posts
Nice. I got mine 3 years ago, after a punk kid on a cell phone rear ended the '89 LX 5.0 I had had for 25 years.

I did take off the stupid fake hood scoop though. I think the existing hood scoop bump underneath goes better with the bumps in front in front of the rear tires too.

·
Registered
289 Posts
If you are new to trouble shooting PCM controlled cars (ODB2), do yourself a favor and get yourself an ODB2 reader, Even better get an ODB2 scanner that is capable of reading operational PID's. Once you learn HOW to use an ODB2 scanner it will change forever the way one goes about trouble shooting modern cars.

Here's some information on a very affordable ($30) Windows based product.

ForScan ODB2 scanner w ELM327 USB

·
Registered
424 Posts
Looks nice, modulars are easier to understand and work on in my opinion. But I've never put together a pushrod engine so I guess there's that.

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
Looks nice, modulars are easier to understand and work on in my opinion. But I've never put together a pushrod engine so I guess there's that.
Not easier to work on, they take up the whole damn engine bay... lot more complicated valvetrains too. But they are BETTER engines. Seals actually seal, lot more you can do with them in the tune, blocks are way stronger, the stock heads actually flow worth a damn and parts have now got to the point where the pushrod part prices were years ago.

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not easier to work on, they take up the whole damn engine bay... lot more complicated valvetrains too. But they are BETTER engines. Seals actually seal, lot more you can do with them in the tune, blocks are way stronger, the stock heads actually flow worth a damn and parts have now got to the point where the pushrod part prices were years ago.
very well stated, i agree 100%!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts