Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just recently had to bring my wifes 00GT to get the window motor on driver side replaced and both tie rods were making noise and i had those replaced to.the car only has 9000 miles so far .has anyone ever had a problem with these things going bad ?or any thing else ever went bad with this much mileage on your car?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have 8k on my 00 gt, and I've had an oring in my ac line replaced, but that's it.
I'm squeeking up front somewhere, don't know where though. I have a pretty loud gear hum coming from the pumpkin, but the Experts at Ford have told me not to worry about it, and that it's normal.
I'm throwing gears in there anyway in the fall.

No other problems that i'm aware of...

·
Registered
44 Posts
I am sorry to hear that you are having those problems. I have 26000 miles on my00GT and never been back to Ford, though I will check my tie rods when I change oil this week. They should not go bad that soon, unless your driving on some really rough surfaces alot.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
:lol: you guys think you have had problems.. my 01 has had the engine replaced @ 2k miles. various parts replaced on the tranny, tranny rebuilt, power seat controls fell out, dome light didnt work or when it did it wouldnt go off, engine pings very bad, wheel stud stripped, weird tranny ticking noise and also doesnt shift right....thats all i can remember. im in the process of "sueing" ford to get rid of this curse of a car

·
Registered
59 Posts
I blew my motor with 13K, Ford Replaced, also my throwout bearing is whistling Dixie, but I'm gonna wait a bit to replace it.

·
Registered
97 Posts
oh yeah...i almost forgot.
my radio gets staticy when i go through the tunnel.....
:lol:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Umm, here is the list:
1. Hydrobooster went out. Brakes and power steering did not work at all......very dangerous.
2. Windsheild wipers work intermittantly......with the switch off. Dealer supposedly fixed but still does it.
3. Left rear shock lasted 200 miles.
4. Catalytic convertors somehow fell off the car......can't explain officer.......
5. Upper and lower control arms flexed too much and were replaced........by me.
6. Suspension squated which is now stiffer......anyone?
7. Shifter became vague and was replaced due to lack of communication as to whether or not it was in gear.

Hopefully, some of the humor above softens the problems but that is what I have experience.

·
Registered
677 Posts
I had about a hundred problems with my last two mustangs. I would try to wait til I had two or three problems at a time or the car was undriveable before I took them in. I still managed to take them each in about four times a month!

I too had the power window motor replaced, and the wiper switch replaced twice, and almost everything else listed so far in this thread except the hydroboost and cats. If you look at some of my old posts, you will see some of the many problems I had to deal with on my cars. I just don't want to type it all out right now. Also check my sig.

Had to sue Ford to get rid of my last Mustang. Took about 10 months in court. Have fun!

The sick thing is I still like Mustangs for some reason!

later,
Mike

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sapperstang78 said:
:lol: you guys think you have had problems.. my 01 has had the engine replaced @ 2k miles. various parts replaced on the tranny, tranny rebuilt, power seat controls fell out, dome light didnt work or when it did it wouldnt go off, engine pings very bad, wheel stud stripped, weird tranny ticking noise and also doesnt shift right....thats all i can remember. im in the process of "sueing" ford to get rid of this curse of a car
WOW!CAN WE SAY LEMON?are you beating the piss out of this car?i bought this car at 8000miles 1 month ago luckly still under factory warranty only problems i had where the ones i posted other than that the car is a blast to drive.

·
Registered
433 Posts
lol.. my motor was replaced at 500 miles.

erroneously so i might add because the "engineers" at the Ford tech "hot" line couldn't diagnose a cold engine noise (now known as the death rattle).

so yeah i'm on motor # 2 and it was replaced at 500 mile. three weeks after i got it.

the new motor makes the same noise.

i fixed the ping myself

and all the rattles i've got but don't really care about.

the slightly misaligned hood and drivers door is gonna be a dealer issue pretty quick.

·
Registered
494 Posts
The bearing went out on my drivers side axel. When I was rotating the tires, i noticed the oil on the inner wall of the rim. Luckly my friend works in my Ford dealership, when he replaced the bearing, he put in my 3.73 at fords expense. Besided that, no problems at 18K miles in 6 months.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Going in next week for a new top, shocks or something bouncing around in the back, .....only 6K left in the warranty, gotta start getting it all fixed up!!

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Every make & model suffers from a few bad apples during production.... (although some companies do a better job at producing a model with very few mishaps,etc).

:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
The man with the worst luck

I hate to say it but Y2KStangGT has the absolute worst luck with cars out of everyone I know. I am sorry about the exploder. I remember the day after you got it you said that it was gonna be trouble. Good luck with the ford lemons. I have had one of my own. 98 contour svt owned 6 months spent 4 of them in the shop. What a pos :mad:

·
Registered
677 Posts
What's up Todd?

I see they are keeping you busy over at Ford :snore:

The Exploder has a bad engine rattle now. Next week, its going back to have the engine fixed again.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
now my wifes car sounds like it has an exaust leak i can hear a hissing noise coming from the drivers side dash.has anyone ever had this problem?:mad:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I got some bad luck too!

That sucks Mike! Last week I was behind a semi in rush hour traffic and hit this hole in the road where part of the bridge of the over pass was missing and bent 2 of my rims, bent my side skirt, and bubbled out my fender. That sucks. I have had nothing but bad luck with that car this year as I have already ripped my top at a car wash(definitely not my fault) and my back brakes rattle like my car is gonna fall apart, and my catback exhaust is loose from bottoming out. Man I have just about had enough:mad:

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
damn it! we should all get together and bring are cars back and ask for a 2003 cobra for our pain and suffering .:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts