Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here so sorry if posted in wrong place
I have a 2000 gt I'm having issues with gauges and ecu. To start my gauges are slow to work after start. the other day my iac valve went out. so I put a manual adjustment on it, after a new one didn't fix the problem. then egr vacuum line blew off so I deleted it. after both I still had no check engine light and thought, ok maybe the computer had a program on it from the previous owner. I was wanting the timing advance/retard. so I plugged a scan tool in and got no live data or codes but ,it connected to one ecu through a protocol. I have never seen before so i tried a second time. it connected to a second ecu according to my scan tool, through another protocol. then got codes all of which I expected with the two deletes but. no live data so I tried a third time. then got live data but no codes again, with a new ecu according to my scan tool and new protocol. so I tried 2 other scan tools. one of which was a Ford scan tool and the same thing happened. I'm wondering what could be causing this problem? i know this question is crazy but, could it be multiple ecu using a single ob2 connector or something else?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I pulled the dash and found multiple splices and several partially cut wires I'm looking for a new wiring harness I will keep this thread up to date as best as I can if any one has any idea where to get a harness that would save me a lot of time because Ford doesn't make them any more

·
Registered
9,974 Posts
Gotta love when you start pulling stuff apart on these cars and find asshattery like that. Even the very cleanest Stang I ever owned I had a few "what the actual ****" moments finding a few things.

Don't wanna know some of the stuff I pulled out of the car in my sig but that didn't surprise me since the dumbshits managed to blow up a 30k mile engine and then a brand new one because they couldn't tune.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have 140 splices in my harness behind the dash to start a brand new clutch went out because they didn't change the throw out bearing the cold air that was on was made out of PVC they bought from Lowe's and painted in intake manifold was shifted to one side and I couldn't pull spark plugs when it developed a miss the rear end had been replaced but it was never spaced properly so it had a growl above 75 the muffler and cat had been moved and internally cut out the shifter was bent because some one was to short to work it the accelerator cable was replaced with one I have know idea where from the iacv was from a ranger it has been one thing after another and I've only put 8000 miles on it since I bought it February of last year

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And they replaced the springs with ones from 3 different fox bodys so they none of them matched after I took out the cardboard they stuffed under them but thankfully I just about have the entire car rebuilt so I dont think I'm going to find much more

1 - 5 of 5 Posts