Ford Mustang Forums banner

2000 mustang gt 5.4 swap flexplate help please!

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fastwhite99gt 
#1 ·
I can't find much info on flex plate installs online or in the Haynes manual other than mark the plate and crank so it goes back on the same as it came off.

So, what if your replacing the flex plate or in my case the engine did not have one when I got it? From what I have read they are 0 balanced, so does that mean it can go on anyway it will bolt up? All the ones I have seen have a bolt hole with a slight notch in it, smaller than a bb which has me a bit confused also as it could be an indicator of which way it goes.

To say any help on this would be greatly appreciated is an understatement, as the engine has a chain on it ready to be dropped in and the freakin flex plate is all that I am not sure about. I would hate to put it in and be wrong, I've learned the hard way to be patient by having to re-pull engines but mostly tranny's in my younger days. Thanks again friends!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.