Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been having issues where the a/c clutch will not engage, so I am getting hot air blown into the cabin. I have tested a number of things, but at this point i am having trouble stiching together the information on various forums to find a way to continue, so here is the run-down:

-All fuses are good and tested

-There is an adequate refrigerant charge (100 psi static, 40 when the clutch has been working** more on this below)

-The low pressure switch is working fine. 12v at the harness and when the clutch is jumped, everything works here.

- There is no power being supplied to the compressor clutch (circled in orange). The clutch, however, does engage, spin and blow cold air when jumped to the battery.

-12v at the high pressure switch (circled in yellow, gr/o lead-think miami colors) when the ac switch is engaged

That is all I have tested. I imagine the CCRM is behind the panel where the blue arrow points. What is the relay circle in purple? WOT? What else must I test before replacing the CCRM?

**last week the problem of the a/c clutch not engaging only occurred in the afternoons. Once the sun went down, and the car would sit (usually through a 3-hour night class or when i woke up in the morning), the a/c would work fine. just last night, however, it stopped working all together and hasnt resumed functioning.

Where do I go from here? any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
24,681 Posts
no such thing as adequate charge when its critical, static pressures mean nothing.

assuming the LP switch is closed, CCRM signals the clutch, follow the wires from the CCRM to clutch. If okay then its the ccrm.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Wasn't paying attention to the model year. Reply deleted.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Static pressure is relevant as it can tell you if there is enough pressure to make the system come on. It wont tell you if its full.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts