Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I apologize first if this has been asked before but I haven't had any luck locating it here. After my wifes purse was stolen I had to replace a remote on her 6cyl 2000 Stang. Can someone please tell me how to reprogram this so it will work. Thanx guys :confused:

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
when i was trying to figure out how to program the remote for my 94 i came across several posts saying how to reprogram the newer remotes:
turn you ignition swith to the on and then back to the off posistion 8 times. after the 8th time the locks should lock and then unlock once. you should then press the buttons on the remote and the car should do whatever button you press does. after it does turn off the switch. it hsould now be programed. I also heard that you have to switch it on and off 5 times rather than 8. Hope this helps

Thanks
Shawn

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
Probly get better results posting this in the modular forum. 94\95 only have 2 buttons, the newer remotes have 4. I did not do mine like Shawn 94 GT did.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
uhh the remote for the 94-99 have 4 buttons, one for unlock, lock,trunk,and panic. the 99(i think that is when they change them to the new shorter remote) the 99 up have 4 buttons too.

shawn

1 - 4 of 4 Posts