Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got a 2000 gt and the horn and cruise are not working, i was thinking clockspring but the horn doesn't work with the key fob panic button either i looked and the horn seems to be plugged in. would the horn work with the key fob if the clockspring is bad?

·
Registered
7,019 Posts
what did you find wrong?

·
Registered
289 Posts
would the horn work with the key fob if the clockspring is bad?
Yes. The GEM is responsible to honk the horn by grounding YE/LG. According to the Ford wiring diagram the GEM is tapped in ahead of the clock spring. So in theory the GEM should be able to honk the horn assuming it in fact the horn itself works.

i got a 2000 gt and the horn and cruise are not working, i was thinking clockspring but the horn doesn't work with the key fob panic button either i looked and the horn seems to be plugged in. would the horn work with the key fob if the clockspring is bad?
If this were my car I would be worried about spending too much time looking for a single "possible" causes.

What if the horn doesn't work because of a bad horn. As a separate problem the cruise control doesn't work.

If this were my car I would trouble shoot the horn first. Because I have replaced more than one horn assembly on more than one car, the first test I would to is to test the horn by applying power directly to the horn.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had this issue I had a wire pinched in the steering wheel but like wmburns said I would apply power straight to the horn first and the go from there I also heard of people swapping steering wheels from cruise control cars in to no cruise control cars in other vehicles

1 - 5 of 5 Posts