Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just replaced my headliner today. It has a bigger hole in it for the newer style dome light, the one that has 2 buttons on it. I have that dome light, without the lens, but I cant seem to get it to work at all. Why did Ford do this? ALso, this headliner had no hole for the map light? I thought they all came with map lights?

So now Im stuck with a dome light that aint working, and if I put the old one in, the hole is too big and the old dome light sinks right in.

anybody able to help me out with this? how do you hook this think up?

thanks

·
Registered
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
heres what my new dome light looks like:

my old one is just the simple lamp that I have seen in every other stan out there.

you can see how much bigger this one is.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
87-91 had the up front map light the newer 92-93 Foxes had the newer style in the middle of the headliner.

PM me for wiring info, tell me what you have tried and I'll do my best.

·
Registered
4,772 Posts
Well my 91 has the mapl;ight up front and the interior light between the dr and pass seats but I think he's referring to the newer style dome (post '91) that had rocker switches built in to act as forward facing map lights in addition to actual interior domelight.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.