Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2.3l Mustang has been uable to start recently. It all started after I crossed a partially flooded intersection(water was about a little less then mid way up the tire deep) The car almost stalled in the water. But upon placing it in neutral and giving it gas I was able to avoid it stalling. I made it out of the intersection and drove approximently 7 miles on the interstate. Got home shut it off and it hasnt started since. It cranks but wont start. I noticed it wouldnt start after I changed spark plug wires..I did not mount the wires as they were previously on the distributor...But as how they are shown in the Chiltons manual. Ive tried changing the thick flim igniton module and it still will not start. Ive checked coil resitance(its less than 1ohm). Any ideas or things to check would greatly be apppreciated.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motor ran about 5 or so miles afterwards...No knocking of any sort. No water was pushed out of cylinders with spark plugs removed...and the motor still has some kind of compression.

·
Registered
395 Posts
When I owned a C5 corvette I met a lot of people who had this same problem after driving into what they thought were low areas of standing water and ended up sucking in water and hydrolocking. Check out corvetteforum.com. Also, do you have an open filter element?

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well yesterday i pulled the plugs and the vlv cover off...Everyting still works...Motor has good compression..It did suck some water in. But barely enough to trickle out of the spark plug holes. I have pulled codes..I got 11 and then 14...14 has something to do with the pip signal ckt..Anyone know how to verify if the hall effect sensor is shot..Ive already replaced the TFI module on it..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts