Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im as of now 3 minutes new to this site, im sorry if this has already been covered but i have to clue as to where to look for the info, so bare with me Please and thanks.

I currently have a 1990 2.3l n/a Hatchback, and i am wanting to swap that 4 banger motor with a 351w. i have a pretty good general idea of what i need and what it takes. such as the oil pan kit, headers, and the 28 oz balancer and flex plate. I know it drops right in and everything bolts up. Now heres the real reason why i am posting this thread. Im wanting to keep it efi simply because it seems more straight forward, correct me if im wrong though.. but i dont know about all the wiring for the ecu and all of that, i can get a complete 351w efi motor for 300 dollars. Now with that being said i dont know where to start with the wiring. Would i need a 5.0 computer and haness or would i need the 5.0 HO computer and harness. because ive read in some threads that the HO ecu has the same firing order for the 351w? Im not for sure how much of that is true or not. But any info would be great. I would like to know completly what i need to do with the wiring to get it running and running correctly. Thanks! any info will be grealty appriciated once again.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Well, undoubtedly you will return back to your post once you've been alerted that someone has replied. Now, when you see this, I want you to scroll up to the top of the page and notice the blue horizontal line right underneath your thread title. Focus your attention to the right side of that line, almost under the words that read "Upgrade my membership" in bold blue letters. In that line, you'll see a link that reads "Search". Click on that link and a box will appear. Type in "4 cylinder to V8 swap" and hit enter. Your world will be changed forever! Your welcome.

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
2.3 uses A4LD, not AOD.

But yeah, what ponylover said.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.