Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking into some tfs heads, wondering if the 190 cc with 2.05 intake and 1.6 exhaust fits into 4.030 bore windsor
if zero deck or maybe piston slightly out of hole? I don't know yet how much deck is milled to clean it up.Thanks for reply

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
need to measure. unless your comfortable with a random suggestion that it should work.
need to measure. unless your comfortable with a random suggestion that it should work.
I
I thought someone has used them, it is a waiting period of about3-4 months.

·
USAF retired
9,707 Posts
I've got TFS 205's on a 4.03 bore, in one car, and AFR 195s on another with a 4.03 bore, no issues with either, but you still should clay it.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I've got 2.08 intake valves with modified Windsor S.R. aluminum heads on a .030 over 302 with probe dome pistons and Anderson B-41 just for reference. Not TfS heads but no problems with clearance anywhere on my set up.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Come on guys, how about 2.19/1.71 in a 4.000" bore - 351C 4V. 2.05/1.65 for the 351C 2V. Obviously valve to piston clearance is a concern but will the valves fit the bore - I don't see why not.

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
A whole lot of apples to oranges comparisons here.

Yes, a 2.055 valve will fit. Look to the reason you want to run them and decide based on that. If it's N/A, it depends on rpm, you'll get nothing out of them below about 6K. If it's boost, the adder just wants a hole, the bigger the better.

Cleveland have the valves in entirely different locations, are canted, and have zero relevance.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A whole lot of apples to oranges comparisons here.

Yes, a 2.055 valve will fit. Look to the reason you want to run them and decide based on that. If it's N/A, it depends on rpm, you'll get nothing out of them below about 6K. If it's boost, the adder just wants a hole, the bigger the better.

Cleveland have the valves in entirely different locations, are canted, and have zero relevance.
I going to need a set of heads for a 427 w with one of your kits It will be NA . It is going in 86 fox with auto and 410 rear,
The short block is just finished the deck is zero. I'm going to pick a head that will give about 10:1 Then order a cam . Using a 4r70 trans since I'm too old for clutch.:cry:.Intakes kinda hard to find, maybe a single plane, will be a street toy with a few trips to drag strip. Any insight from members will be appreciated. Thanks Mr. O'neal

·
Old timer
6,565 Posts
Hmmm.....

The old 52% and 75% valve sizing deal.... 😉

·
Registered
4,644 Posts
I going to need a set of heads for a 427 w with one of your kits It will be NA . It is going in 86 fox with auto and 410 rear,
The short block is just finished the deck is zero. I'm going to pick a head that will give about 10:1 Then order a cam . Using a 4r70 trans since I'm too old for clutch.:cry:.Intakes kinda hard to find, maybe a single plane, will be a street toy with a few trips to drag strip. Any insight from members will be appreciated. Thanks Mr. O'neal
Please email me at [email protected]

1 - 20 of 20 Posts