Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car: 89 Hatch, stock bottom end 302, Twisted Wedge heads, custom roller cam 565 lift, 750 double pumper, C4 with a brake, 4000 stall converter, 4.10 gear, 28” drag radial, best ET n/a 11.71 @ 114

My Son and I made our 1st nitrous pass ever last night, unfortunately it was 1 and done. It lifted the front left tire so high, the right rear fender dug into the drag radial, enough so I think we need to replace it (anti roll bar coming this week). The reason for my post is I’m looking for guidance on reading plugs. Don’t beat me up too bad, I know you’re supposed to make a hit on new plugs, shut it down at the stripe, tow it back to the pits and pull the plugs. I currently have no way to tow it back, so it was driven back to the pit area, so this post may be for not. We’ve run the car for 1.5 years n/a, with the dist locked at 40*, that’s where it runs best, and I see no signs of detonation. I’m running a 150 shot on a progressive, timing backed off to 38* on the transbrake, with the MSD box pulling 6* when nitrous is activated (32* total on nitrous). I’m not sure if the pics will show, but 1st pic is nitrous pass (1 heat range colder, non protruded plug), then driven to pits. 2nd pic is n/a prior to nitrous, probable after 20 or so passes, and a couple hundred street miles. Just looking for advice based on the pics (if possible)

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts