Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pro-M's website is kinda non-informative for what I need to know.

I just got the "plug n' play" 1st generation Pro-M PIH kit. Obviously, it just plugs in, but...

My main concern is the "proper" setup of the fan turn-on temperatures...

Any other tips, or insight is also appreciated. I know I'll also have to manually set TPS voltage...and add an ignition box...is there anything else??

Thanks.
Bob

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
yes, thats about it, just get you a msd or comparable box along with a 91-93 five speed a9L computer,reset the tps, and you are set..i bought mine with out instructions also, it's a snap to hookup..let me know if you have any questions, i'll try to help

·
Registered
7,292 Posts
yes, thats about it, just get you a msd or comparable box along with a 91-93 five speed a9L computer,reset the tps, and you are set..i bought mine with out instructions also, it's a snap to hookup..let me know if you have any questions, i'll try to help ps, i'll check where i have my settings at and let you know on the fan

·
Registered
389 Posts
id get the Crane HI-6 ignition....its seems to do the trick everytime,where as i see people posting that the MSD and Holley ignitions sometimes dont solve the coil saturation problems caused by the A9L (the car wont rev past 4500rpm)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have the instructions at home (somewhere :rolleyes: ). I need to dig them up regardless. As I recall, the fan settings are tweaked with a multimeter to establish turn on temps. The sheet has a table of the voltage vs. what temp that corresponds to for the high and low fans.

I'll put the ubiquitous yellow stickie note on my wallet to remind me to look for the sheet.

·
Registered
476 Posts
Found the instructions. Two pages.

PM me a fax number or I could transcribe just the fan adjustment stuff (slowly and painfully ;) )

1 - 9 of 9 Posts