Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way to remove the rear wing without having the holes left over? How can you fill them? I just think the wingless look is cleaner. Thanks

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in the same boat. My plan is to call around to junk yards and Ford dealerships this summer to see if I can find a V6 w/o the spoiler to just trade trunk lids with. Seems like the cheapest way.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i just took mine off. For now what I did was just buy some carriage bolts and some touch up paint and painted them the same color (a 10 dollar solution). When I have teh money I'm just gonna get a body shop to fill the holes and get the lid painted.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Fill the holes with some duraglass (fiberglass bondo) and have it repainted...the decklid is fiberglass, so your golden.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
Piggybacking on this thread:

Does anyone know if the '99 spoiler is a direct fit on an '01 Cobra?

I really love the lines of my wingless '01, but the spoiler of the '99 snake looks very nice IMHO!

(just got to drill a couple holes, right? or is this not even possible?)

TIA.......

·
Registered
627 Posts
COBRA90GT,
If you have the 01 spoiler on your trunk the holes won't line up. But if you don't have any holes from the factory then the 99 spoiler will fit, you'll just have to drill 3 holes on each side of the trunk for the 99 spoiler to attach. It's no big deal, I had to drill 2 new holes when I moved the spoiler 2+" back from the original location.

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
MC Cobra said:
COBRA90GT,
If you have the 01 spoiler on your trunk the holes won't line up. But if you don't have any holes from the factory then the 99 spoiler will fit, you'll just have to drill 3 holes on each side of the trunk for the 99 spoiler to attach. It's no big deal, I had to drill 2 new holes when I moved the spoiler 2+" back from the original location.
Thanks! Mine came from the factory without a wing, so it looks like I'm in luck :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts