Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the basic mods for the GT's and what times are you Guys running? Thanks,

·
Registered
3,557 Posts
The "usual" mods consist of:

new Gears (3.73s or higher up), shifter, pullies, exhaust work (new X or H pipe/catback), K&N air filter/or cold air intake, etc, etc,.....

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What Else?

What are the headers of choice? How about the Mass Air? What size injectors are stock (24 lbs)? Intake? Cam? Thanks,:cool:

·
Registered
814 Posts
Well, I have a lot of the "usual" bolt on's for my '99 GT. See sig for mods and track times. (1/4 mile track time is before the underdrive pulleys.)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Steve...

What about the factory headers? Are they a major restriction? Is the mass air flow & TB ok? What size injectors are stock? What other mods can you do before nitrous/superchargers/turbos? Thanks,:evil:

·
Registered
290 Posts
Re: Hey Steve...

savercool said:
What about the factory headers? Are they a major restriction? Is the mass air flow & TB ok? What size injectors are stock? What other mods can you do before nitrous/superchargers/turbos? Thanks,:evil:

mass airflow meter, and t-body are fine. theyre 19lb injectors.
the factory headers SUCK balls. either run the BBK longtubes, or the hooker longtubes. people see on averag a 15-20 rwhp increase with the headers and shorty x or h pipe. dont waste your money on the shorty headers either. if i had dyno results id give em for my bbk L/T's , but they felt nice.

just get a densecharger cold air kit, and dont waste your money on the maf or t-body. raven gt is one of the fastes n/a cars around here, with the bullit intake, and cams and he still has the stock t-body and maf.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Still running the stock MAF and TB as well.

Jeff

·
Registered
814 Posts
Re: Hey Steve...

savercool said:
I would say hold off on the headers until you have a few other mods in place first. That's a hard part to swap out and not too cheap either. You can swap the MAF and TB, I've heard a few good things about them but the HP gains you get really aren't substantial.

Nitrous is being put on mine this week (finishing tonite) so you can see I got tired of fartin' around with the smaller stuff. $200 here and $300 there, it adds up....you can have yourself a 100HP nitrous kit for $500!

·
Registered
71 Posts
bbk headers

hed_strosity said:

mass airflow meter, and t-body are fine. theyre 19lb injectors.
the factory headers SUCK balls. either run the BBK longtubes, or the hooker longtubes. people see on averag a 15-20 rwhp increase with the headers and shorty x or h pipe. dont waste your money on the shorty headers either. if i had dyno results id give em for my bbk L/T's , but they felt nice.

just get a densecharger cold air kit, and dont waste your money on the maf or t-body. raven gt is one of the fastes n/a cars around here, with the bullit intake, and cams and he still has the stock t-body and maf.
Did you have to use the bbk H-pipe with the L/Ts or could you just run the stock h-pipe with them?

·
Registered
147 Posts
i have O/R H from BBK, you cannot use stock H b/c the headers come much further down. Headers are great once you have a power-adder.

·
Registered
290 Posts
kyoshea said:
i have O/R H from BBK, you cannot use stock H b/c the headers come much further down. Headers are great once you have a power-adder.
headers are also THE BEAST NATURALLY ASPIRATED MOD you can do. it is pricey, but its still cheaper than a supercharger.
15-20 rwhp speaks for itself. ask everyone else.

·
Registered
290 Posts
i bought my bbk LT headers for 480, but they were the ceramic coated ones. you can get the chrome ones for $399. the shorty h pipe with cats (if you want em) is $339. the ones without are about $200 cheaper. then labor. look into how much places charge to do the install in your area, unless your mechanically inclined. i payed $300 to have someone on here do it that lived in my area. most places are $450+. its a lot of money, but theyre gonna be the biggest n/a rwhp gains out there.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Here's some comparison photos I've taken as I worked my way through my car. You can see how restrictive the stock parts are...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I bought the GT last night...

Well, I splurged and bought the new car last night. Now it looks like some long tube headers are in order. Thanks for the advice so far,

·
Registered
24 Posts
99SaleenS281

How do you like the JBA headers? Did you do the install yourself? If not, how much?

What kind of power gain? Dyno'd or SOTP?

I am considering them, but I hear the power gain is only worth it if you go with the LT's. Aren't the JBAs supposed to emulate LT's?

Thanks,

Jdub

·
Registered
868 Posts
jdub99 said:
How do you like the JBA headers? Did you do the install yourself? If not, how much?

What kind of power gain? Dyno'd or SOTP?

I am considering them, but I hear the power gain is only worth it if you go with the LT's. Aren't the JBAs supposed to emulate LT's?
Did the install myself w/a buddy over the course of a weekend. I couldn't do LTs because I need smog-legal parts here in so. Cal. SOTP, feels outstanding. I did them at the same time as the X. Great mods.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts