Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I've got a 97' Mustang GT that I have swapped in a PI motor with a T-45 tranny. I've got the motor and tranny bolted up and in the car. The starter is installed and wired. I bought an SCT LIveWire Plus tuner and had a Bama tune developed that would disable the PATS system. All I'm trying to do is get the car to run before I continue putting it back together. With that being said, I turn the key and the dash lights up but the "Theft" light blinks rapidly, which from what I've read will still happen even with the tune disabling the PATS. I have a battery box hooked up to the battery while on so I don't dip below the necessary voltage. When I turn the key entirely, I can see the computer attempting via the lights on the dash, but the starter won't crank and the fuel pump is not turning on. Please advise.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've checked all the fuses. I only found one that one was blown and it was for the cigarette lighter. So this is probably foolish on my part but I have not hooked up any of the old grounds beside the one coming from the negative terminal of the battery... feel free to tell me if that was dumb on my part. I'm definitely learning as I go with some of these things. Electrical is definitely not my strong suit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts