Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get a 96 Cobra Owner's Manual?

Ordered one through the dealership, but never arrived.

Thanks
- Jim

·
Registered
73 Posts
They are very hard to find, I have been looking for about a year. In that time I have seen one come up on ebay. I have also checked with Helm and junk yards - no luck. I did buy a 96 Mustang manual on ebay - so I had everything but the suplement. I also have a 97 Cobra manual for the suplement information. I do hope to find the correct manual someday. If anyone has one send me a PM.

·
Registered
242 Posts
When I bought my '97 Cobra last month, it didn't have the owner's manual, so I ordered it and the SVT supplement from Helm. It sounds like it's a good thing that I didn't wait around too long to place my order. I guess that even Helm keeps certain items in stock only for so long.

·
Premium Member
2,054 Posts
AUmustang65:

It's a long shot but you can try CrazyJerry.com. I got a pristine 1998 Mustang sales brochure from him for only a few bucks and he carries a lot of "car literature".

Good luck.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone.

I did not see one on e-bay.
I did complete Crazy Jerry's search request.

Is the only difference between the Cobra and regular Mustang Owner Manual the SVT Cobra 'supplement'. I see that Helm has one for the 1997. (They don't have one listed for 96.)

If that's the only difference, then I'll get a 96 Mustang manual and the 97 supplement (shouldn't be too much difference between 96 and 97 (right?)

Thanks again.
- Jim

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
If you follow the link www.ranger1.org you will find shop manuals that you can down load. I have the 97 and it is for all fords. You need a good connection to down load all that. Plus you need to follow the directions exactly. Most important is to name the CD correctly or it will not work. Super cool of that guy to post all that!
Erich

·
Registered
242 Posts
AUmustang65 said:
Is the only difference between the Cobra and regular Mustang Owner Manual the SVT Cobra 'supplement'. I see that Helm has one for the 1997. (They don't have one listed for 96.)

If that's the only difference, then I'll get a 96 Mustang manual and the 97 supplement (shouldn't be too much difference between 96 and 97 (right?)

Thanks again.
- Jim [/B]
The '96 owners manual has a blue cover, while the '97 one has a maroon/purple cover. I can't remember now if the model year is printed on the covers.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Andrew96GT said:

The '96 owners manual has a blue cover, while the '97 one has a maroon/purple cover. I can't remember now if the model year is printed on the covers.
That is correct, the suplement also makes refferance to body color - so in that regard it is different. I think all of the technical information, such as the proper way to add coolant, is correct.

·
Registered
7 Posts
96 cobra owners manual

I spoke with Helm yesterday. I am on their waiting list for the 96 SVT Cobra supplement which is backordered. They told me "it should'nt be too long", whatever that may mean. They're not real bright, so when you call be very specific. Good luck.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Try the link I posted above.
Erich

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again, everyone.

Erich, Those are GREAT manuals on the site you posted!! I still need the owner manual, though.

Tried Crazy Jerry's -- they only have sales lit.

Sent California Mustangs an e-mail. If they have the supplement I'll get theirs.

If not, I think I'll get the 96 Helm with the 97 SVT supplement.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Erich said:
If you follow the link www.ranger1.org you will find shop manuals that you can down load. I have the 97 and it is for all fords. You need a good connection to down load all that. Plus you need to follow the directions exactly. Most important is to name the CD correctly or it will not work. Super cool of that guy to post all that!
Erich
Got mine here too. Erich is right about naming the CD correctly. Be careful with that part.

·
Registered
394 Posts
try www.helminc.com
it has any manuals that is factory....wiring harness...shop manuals...and the book in the glove compartment

sure a download is fine....but id rather have a solid factory hard copy

1 - 17 of 17 Posts