Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From a roll, I get down on it and have a slight bog. It's kinda like my speed density 87 GT did. I thought MAF cured that problem (and it seems to have in my 89 and in friends MAF cars), so I'm pretty sure there's something else to it. I haven't had time to do a tune up yet, that may be part of the problem or the whole problem. The car has 134,000 on it and I don't know exactly when it was last tuned up. It has Taylor wires, but I haven't looked at the plugs or cap/rotor yet. Any possabilities other than the tune up it prolly needs?
I'm thinking a Tuner or TwEECer will help the throttle response as well.....cause it's damn slow :barf:

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey, yea i also own a 94 gt AODE, they are quiet the slow one stock. Defenatly give the car a tune up. The works, go with new plugs wires,cap,rotor,fuel filter,injector cleaner,oil change, check other fluids, and whatever else i missed. I'l bet u that will fix ur problem. My car never had that probelm,but it never hurts to give a car a tune up once in a while. I dunno what uve done to the car, But with mine, ive got a few basic bolt on's and it made a pretty nice diference, just full exhaust,pullies,gears,and cia, and u will feel a change for sure, But if u ever get gears, DO NOT GET 373's i made that mistake, ur car and mine, wont be much better then stock with 373's , they pretty much helped my car shift nicer and quicker thats about it. Im guessing the 410's would have made the feel. Also ill recomind BBk products cuase thats pretty much what everything is on my car, they make great quality at affordable prices. Another thing, yes the tunner will help A TON on our cars, i plan on getting one soon. They can tighten up that soft and sliggish AODE,get rid of that bog, if u cant seem to fix it with a tune up, along with a ton of other things. Less then 300 bucks ,endless posibilties.

·
Registered
916 Posts
poostang was right, 3.73's were better than stock gears, but the 4.10's will make a much bigger difference. The sluggish problem, I never really noticed it until my car got above 200*, my car was dog at those temps. I would also recomend a stall converter, that would dramatically increase your cars performance.

poostang, I noticed that you have done the manual fan switch, where did you mount it inside of your car? Thanks.

-Billy

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Well i deleted my BROKEN Mach460 cd player, and made a delete panel out of cardboard and covered in in black carpet, looks neat. So i just mounted my man fan swtich on that. with one of those switched that turns Red/ green/blue or whatever else color when on. If that dont sound like somthin u wana do, im pretty sure u can mount the same size switch in the ashtray,thingy that flips up. Look to the left of the coin holder, thers enough room , just bust out a dremal if u got one, and carve a little sqaure into it. swtich should fit snug rite in ther, and be hidden form eyes site, i think il go take a picture of two of what im talking about and post it in a little bit,, hope that helps......mike

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Ok hope these pictures work, and give them time to load ther kinda big, But heres the pics of the switch i was decribing ealier.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey man, thanks. I really didn't mean for you to go to all of that trouble, but it helped a lot. I was just asking because I really don't know where would be a good place for it. I like the switch that you have were the CD player was. I just want it in an accesible place.

On a seperate note, what did you do about the factory speakers? My passenger side door speaker is blown. I have been told different things about those speakers. Like: You can't change them, You can but you would have to do other things to make them work. **** like that. I haven't gotten a staight answer yet. Just wanted to see what you had done. Thanks.

-Billy

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Well i still have the Mach460 speakers in it, ther really good quality speakers from what ive seen. I bought a set of pioneer 5 1/4's for the rear, thinking it would improve sound it didnt. Anyhow, if uve blown the front, well pulling the door panel off is really simple, take out the push in black thingy in the butom front of the panel, and pop off the black armrest thingy with a flate blade screwdriver, then unscrew those 2 or 3 philips screws ther. Then pop of that door handle bezel, the thing that surrounds the door handle on the door panel, then just wiggle and pull up on the panel, it sounds like alot, but its about a 5 minute thing, then ull see the 5x7 speaker sitting ther, unscrew it from its mount, and unplug with plug, Yes u will be able to use aftermarket speakers, whoever is telling u this is B/S'ing u. The only thing u will have to do to instal an aftermarket speaker is either spplice into this two wire plug or cut it off and instal the 2 wires directly onto ur new speaker, its all simple and ul get it, when u take it off, and see. And the pictures and explanations was nothin, i like helping and taking pictures and typing as u see here,, anyhow hope that helps....Mike

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey mike, thanks a hell of a lot man. What do you think a good speaker would be to replace those front ones? I was thinking sony, but don't know too much about audio components. Thanks a lot with the pics, they are very helpful. Take it easy.

-Billy

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey no problem. Well i dont know too much about audio componets either, But im sure sony makes quality speakers, Just look at how there made, and of what materials, check the basket part and surround materials, and compare ratings and specs of a few. If i was u, go check out http://www.circuitcity.com/ewebIMa/[email protected]@@@[email protected]@@@&BV_EngineID=ccdiadcfeflkikecfngcfkmdffhdffg.0&upper=head.jsp&lower=frame2.jsp&left=leftchilddept.jsp&right=departments.jsp&department=Car+Audio+and+Security yes thats a long URL, but its the link to circuittcitys website, u can compare all kinds of speakers and thers info on what certain specs mean and all that good stuff, If that URL doesnt work, then just go to www.circuitcity.com, then go around till u see car audio and security, then find car speakers. Ull see, go check that out.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Hey on another note, i see uve got a quite a few mods on ur car. Im not looking to go supercharged , but i would like to improve performace a bit more. By looking at my Sig. What would u say i should do next, im thinking heads, how did u like the AFR's, and how much were they? Or the intake?
thanks in advance..Mike

·
Registered
916 Posts
Hey mike, thanks for the URL. That is great info. Thanks.

Now for your mods. What kind of 1/4 times have you gotten? I know your car is a vert, but my car had just about everything you have accept for headers and a shift kit and it turned a 14.2 @ 98. I would think the next best things for you to get would be shift kit and headers. I know everyone says that you loose low end torque, I never noticed any loss. It is building a good foundation for future mods. I would then say go ahead and get the heads. I say do the headers, but only if you don't get the GT-40P's. I would definitely suggest the AFR 165's. They are the best sbf head on the market IMHO. But if you do get the heads, I would suggest doing heads cam and intake at the same time. It is just easier. I also like the cobra intake because it looks stock and it had great torque for our heavy cars. Get a custom cam, they are made for your combo and not just off the shelf. I would say that with a well matched combo you should make 310-330rwhp. I am hoping for 310rwhp when I get my tranny fixed and get it dyno tuned.

I think if I were you I would give Ed Curtis a call and tell him what you want, he will tell you how you have to get there. He knows his ****. I cannot say enough about him, he is great. Good Luck with your combo man.

Oh, and by the way, I would suggest that you get a 180 stat and look in to a new radiator. You will need it in your heat with aluminum heads. Good Luck man. Hope this helped.

-Billy

·
Registered
605 Posts
I am not audiophile here, but I have read in other posts that aftermarket speakers are not compatible with the Mach system. Something about it being a low impedence system. You better post the question specifically for this before buying speakers to get your $$$ worth. Or check the Audiophile section of Corral.

good luck

·
Registered
916 Posts
TJ 94gt vert, thanks a lot for that advice. I will do just that. Take it easy.

-Billy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts