Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel really stupid for asking this, but does anyone know what flexplate I have in my 95 GT AODE? Is it 157 tooth or164 tooth?

Thanks

-BC

·
Registered
356 Posts
Most likely you have a 164 tooth 50oz balance. I have a 94 and that is what mine took.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks fast50! Now I can contact DSS and tell them what one I need for the 331 they are building for me.

-BC

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry fast50 but I already have a flexplate coming w/ engine.

What stall speed converter were you using? If aftermarket, what company?

Thanks BC

·
Registered
356 Posts
No problem on the flexplate, just offering it to a fellow stanger. Stock converter. I would recommend PI. The Stalion seems to be the best one. Plus it has an anti-balloon plate, which the stock one is known to balloon bad at like 5200 rpms. LOL.
Oh Ford, when will you learn. Anyway.
Hope that helps.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks fast50.

By the way, what are you running through the 1/4 for time and speed?

I don't want to sound like I'm bashing you, but your rwhp looks kinda' low. Are you going to add heads later on? What kind of intake do you have, is it stock?

Thanks for all the help.

-BC

·
Registered
356 Posts
Hey, I am immune to bashing. I have heard it so much I don't hear it anymore. But, that is ok. Yeah the AODE sucks a load of hp and tq. I have higher tq numbers than some of my friends with 5-speeds and heads and intake. That pissed them off, but that is the stroker doing that. 1/4 mile I just broke 13.9 at I think 104. I didn't really plan on doing the engine until I had heads and intake, but the stock 302 crank broke in half, so I didn't have much of a choice. I do plan on getting heads and intake though. The engine just slowed my progress. Good luck with yours though. If I am making these numbers with stock heads, intake, and TB, just think what it would do with that stuff. That puts a smile on my face.

Good luck

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What are you planning on running for heads and intake? I have a '93 cobra upper and lower and some gt-40p heads that I'm looking to sell. I'll make you a deal on them if you're interested. If not that's cool I do understand.

Too bad about your crank, but you're better off now anyway.

I'll try to keep you posted on my progress w/the new combo. I just hope I don't break anything right away.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts