Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 95 GT 5-speed & recently it has been running bad.I did a complete tune with new wires,cap,rotor,plugs&fuel filter.Didn't help,but I finally figured it out.I had my timing set at 14* with the spout out & just thought I would check it with the spout in.Turns out when I put the spout back in it wasn't advancing my timing.So I set it to 30* total timing ,with the spout out & left it out.I took it out to drive it & man what a difference.Runs like a scalded dog compared to before.My ? is will it hurt anything to run it like this for good, or do I need to fix the spout problem?Thanks for any help

·
Registered
3,249 Posts
When the spot is NOT in you eliminate the computer from adding or subtracting timing. I would also bet that it runs good over 3k, but is a little slugish at lower rpm's.. I have heard of people doing this at the track, cause the rpm's never go below 4k or so.
Don't know if it will hurt anything running like that for a long period of time.

·
Registered
724 Posts
Fix it. Is your spout connector broken? Wire bad? I have never heard of this happening before. It may be something very simple.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
The Spout connector is just a jumper, im sure you could just put a paper clip in its place to see what happens. I dont think the connector has any resistance but im not sure.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah I think I will mess with it some tomm.May just need to adjust the tabs in the connecter or spout.Either way sounds like I need to put it back in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts