Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put steeda stage 1 on my 95 gt convertible and now my x pipe scrapes like crazy on minor bumps and even my drive way. I don't want to bust a whole in it. Is there anyway i can save my xpipe besides raising it?

THX

·
Registered
188 Posts
i think they only thing you can do is raise it. try and loosen it at the headers and tighten it a ton back at the catback. i knew a guy that actually put a hanger from the middle of the pipe and jammed it up higher that way. it was the only way he raise the h-pipe and not have it scrape. its a last resort but its an idea. i raised mine by the first method that i told you.

i cant wait til monday cause thats when im lowering my car and it will be about 1.5"-1.75" lower all around and it is specific rate so no boucey for me...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey man, I'll second what HazMat404 said, this worked for me. Loosen up at headers and cat-back than put a jack under the x pipe and raise until you touch the floor board. Than tighten the **** out of both ends and drop floor jack. The x will still fall down some and you should have gained like two to three inches of ground clearance. Depending on your cat-back brand, doing this may make your tail pipe tips shoot down some.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts