Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this is a common question but. I have a 95 GT basically stock. I hear different things from different people. I was wanting to but a gear in it but dont' know which. If you guys can give me some input between the 3.73 and 4.10. I also want to but a shift kit as well.

My car is preety much stock at this point. But i plan to do future mods. Not sure if i'd ever supercharge but who knows.
thx for reading.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have 3:73 and really like it, sometimes I wish I had a 4:10 but for overall best mpg and such I like the 3:73. If you race a lot and don't drive much on the highway go 4:10 Good luck

·
Registered
848 Posts
im my opinnion with a stock GT 4.10s would probley pulling past your power band in 4th, 4.10s work ok for a cobra Alex332's car runs real well with them, but my 3.73's work ok for me.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
the_shadow said:
im my opinnion with a stock GT 4.10s would probley pulling past your power band in 4th
In a stock 5 speed car this *may* be true, I have not done the calculations to see what RPM a trap speed of around 88-95mph would result in in 4th gear. But in an AODE equipped car (assuming so since he mentioned a shift kit) that could hit 90mph at the top of 2nd gear with the stock gears, 4.10's would be a PERFECT fit and would not put him out of the powerband.

I averaged over 20mpg with my current combo and 4.10's on a 7 hour trip with an average speed of 70-80mph, so MPG doesn't suffer much.

I'd recommend 4.10's unless you are sure you will be adding a supercharger or turbo down the road.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts