Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm installing a new fuel system in my 95. and was wondering if I should weld in a sump or use a 1/2" pickup.
Let me know what your using, also pro's and con's.
Thanks,

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
It also depends on what pump you are using...I burnt up an Aeromotive A1000 when I used a intank pickup on my old car. With a sumped tank, it was always supplied with fuel instead of draining dry everytime you shut the car off....If you go with something like a dual T-Rex setup, an intank pickup would work fine.

In a nutshell, if you use a "pusher" pump, sump the tank...if it's a "puller" pump, use the intank pickup...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sump

thanks guys,
rel3rd I have purchased a A1000 pump, so it sounds like I need to sump the tank.
Were did you get the sump for BARNEY, and did you weld it in your self?
Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
No Kevin, Mine was custom made and welded in by Rhodes Custom Auto Works, right up the road from me in Delaware....It was deeper than the ones you see in Summit and Jeg's...If you have any fab shops, or race car builders in your area, you should be able to get one made that will be deep enough to not require you to run a 1/2 tank or more at all times...Not sure if you still have the CD I sent you, but I think there was a pic on there of my old setup...Not sure if it was shown, but near the end of my ownership days, I mounted the pump to the front of the plastic tank cover, so it was lower than the sump's lowest point...Just an FYI for you.

Good Luck...
Bob

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sump

Thanks Bob,
I still have the BARNEY cd and still drull over that car. I bet you enjoy the new yellow ride, but I would emagine that you miss BARNEY, that was a awesome car.
Do you have springs on the yellow car yet, I have a set of eiback pro kit and several other 94/95 part laying around.
thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
Surprisingly, I don't miss it at all. Like we discussed, I was ready for a change. The 94 already has some "Barney parts" in it, namely the AOD and PI converter:D I had an Eibach Pro-Kit spring set in the car, but the ride was a little too rough for me and my aching back...:(

I already have a set of new heads waiting to be installed, a cam on the way, and an extrude honed Cobra intake for it. Oh, and an NOS dry nitrous kit I put on it a month after buying it....;) I also already have an Extender in it...ironically, the one I bought for your car, lol. I recently bought one of the original (plug & play) PIH kits that looks like brand new, along with an A9L ecm in case I get any idle problems with the new combo...

I do need a right headlight (regular GT lamp)....shoot me an email if you have one for sale reasonably...Thanks, Bob

[email protected]

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
head light

Bob,
I might have a head light, i'll check this weekend and see. If so you can have it for the shipping cost. My car was vandalized and one of them was busted, but I can't remember which side. I will let you know.
thanks,
Kevin

1 - 8 of 8 Posts