Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was a factory alarm/theft deterent available in 1995?

I was reading a book last night and it showed a pic of an SN95 Mustang with a theft light lit on the dash. I was wondering if ours had this and if so, does anyone know which whire to tap into to wire my car alarm to it?

SN95GT50

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
yes... my V6 had it.... shock shock... but i ordered it.... I think but not sure it was standarded on the Cobra... dont' know..

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That begs the next question, what wires do I splice into to flash it with the output of my car alarm. I assume that it is simply a 12V signal.

If someone knows, I would appreciate the help, I will start looking in my vacuum and wiring book tonight.

This would be cool, then I just need to replace the black bezel that the installer drilled a hole in for my indicator.

Thanks,
SN95GT50

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How much was it to purchase the anti-theft module from Ford?

SN95GT50

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
130 bucks I think they run new... I got mine off ebay for 90 but it included the entiter interior wiring harness, remote entry module, anti theft module, and 2 remotes... I installed that in my g/fs 94 car that were currently building...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two things, I looked in the "Electrical and Vacuum troubleshooting manual" last night and it looks like to light the THEFT light it does not need 12V, instead it looks like it needs a ground on the DB/LG wire at the rear of the cluster. This wire group runs from the cluster, beside the drivers seat to the trunk where there is a connector that SorsCode hooked into. If you supply a ground to pin 15 of connector C404 the THEFT light should light up. I will be trying this later today.

Does anyone know the model number for the Ford Alarm system that plugs into our cars? Here is what I want on it. Alarm (Brain), shock sensor, keyless entry, trunk switch. Any help would be appreciated.

I highly suggest everyone getting the "Electrical and Vacuum troubleshooting manual", it is fantastic. I picked up at a swap meet, brand new for $10-15 very good investment.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
606 Posts
THEFT light it does not need 12V, instead it looks like it needs a ground
Yep Yep, a ground (like the pulse used by most aftermarket alarms for the LED) will get it to work ;)

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Do all 95 Mustangs have the connector in the trunk for the keyless entry alarm syste? I could not find it. Also, I looked at the harness going down my door sill and according to my book it should be a DB/LG (Dark Blue/Light Green) wire and there isn't one. I think I will just pull the gauge panel and hook into that connector.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
351 Posts
I just went to Radio Shack and bought a Jumbo Super Bright RED LED and connected it to my aftermarket alarm and placed it in the socket of the factory security lamp.

Robert May

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Never thought of that.

I tapped into the wire straight out of the instrument panel, if I touch it to ground it lights up. Now i just need to hook it to a small relay connected to ground, that is triggered by the lines going to the LED out of the alarm, right.

SN95GT50

·
Registered
237 Posts
Mine has the light on the left side of the dash but the previous owner completely messed up the install trying to fix it...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts