Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all im looking for clarity on if my car should run with the spout out? ive read that it should and some say it shouldn't? My car currently will not run with the spout out and i wanna make sure i don't have somethin setup wrong

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
No, don’t remove it. It has to stay in when you sync the distributor. Its all covered in the guide.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i hear ya im wondering if i need to remove it to set timing? or is that suppose to just happen in the ecu
No, don’t remove it. It has to stay in when you sync the distributor. Its all covered in the guide.
i appreciate the help.what manual do you speak of i couldn't locate anything that talked about the spout connector at all....not saying i didn't miss anything cause im in overload mode at the point lol

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
i appreciate the help.what manual do you speak of i couldn't locate anything that talked about the spout connector at all....not saying i didn't miss anything cause im in overload mode at the point lol
There’s a quick start guide, I believe on diyautotune for the ms2pnp

Reactions: moeofit32

·
Registered
587 Posts
The car should be able to run with the spout out however with MS you should not run it this way. With the spout out you are just firing the coil at the rising edge of the shutter wheel and leaving the MS timing table out of the equation. With the spout in you are letting MS control the timing according to the timing table. To set timing use tuner studio to lock the timing in MS to 10 degrees and turn your distributor until you get 10° BTDC on the balancer lining up with the timing marker. Once the timing on the timing marker is set to what MS thinks it should be use tuner studio to put the MS timing back to using the timing table.

You can try to mess with the ignition offset in MS to sync the timing, but I leave the offset at 0 on MS and sync it up by turning the distributor.

·
Registered
587 Posts
@moeofit32 Ignore what I said above! It is applicable to the gray TFI in the pre 93 cars.

I just noticed you have a 94-95 with the black TFI module instead of the grey TFI. Your car will run with the spout out, it will fire the coil at the rising edge of the shutter wheel like the gray TFI. What is different is your car will have to use "standard dwell" instead of fixed duty since the TFI doesn't handle dwell on the black TFI modules.

Edited to fix my error.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.