Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. So I have a 94 Mustang GT 5.0. I have a hydralocked engine and need to replace the motor ASAP. I have found a junkyard motor out of a 94 Cobra and I would like to buy the entire motor and install it in my car. Will the eletrical connectors and transmition work? Has anyone done this before that could let me know what I am getting into. I will have about 8 days off work to do this myself in my garage and any pointers would be helpful.

Thanks

Brian

·
Registered
2,024 Posts
Make sure you get the computer too. The Cobra EEC is different due to the 24# injectors. The MAF is cal'd for 19# injectors. It's the computer settings that change the settings.

David

·
Registered
291 Posts
It will bolt right in, not a problem there. The only real difference you may find is that the intake is a bit bigger and may not clear your strut-tower brace if you have one. Other than that you should be good to go. The cobras did have a bit stronger tranny, but the GT one will probably work just as well.

As for the computer, if you can't get the one from the car let me know I have the stock one from my car on the shelf here collecting dust.

[email protected]

·
Registered
604 Posts
Or just keep your GT computer and buy a new or used 24# MAF for less than $200.
With tools and a hoist it should only take two to three days tops.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts