Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently bought a '94 GT AODE with @ 150K miles on it. Didn't plan on this car being a major project, but it seems it may end up that way. Interior wasn't in horrible shape, but not in the best. Horrible AT whine before the AT died.

Sorry, got carried away....too much info there...back to the point...

The AT died, and I can't stand an AT anyway. Planning a swap to a straight drive...I need tips, tricks, encouraging words, etc. to get me through this. If anyone has done this, knows someone who has, or is a mechanic and knows what to do, let me know.

I know standard T5's and T45's won't fit because they're too long and end up putting the shifter in the middle of the radio. Other than that, I'm lost. Gimme some help guys. :cool:

·
Registered
231 Posts
I swaped out my AODE for a 5 speed for the same reason (auto craped out on me). Incredibly easy to do, took me 15 hours from start to finish.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Also did the swap and let me tell you, sounds alot worse than it is. Took me a little more than 15 hours (got wrong parts) but managed to get it done. It is not hard at all, just have to get all the parts. It would be preferred if you got a T-5 from a 94-95 w/bellhousing from same year, but 93 and older will work with the older bell and shift fork. I can't think off hand all the little parts that are needed for the swap, I know I would be forgetting something-I'll post it here later. But for encouraging words, its a piece of cake-just do it.:D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts