Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey, I was just wondering how a 94 CObra with the mods in my Sig would do against a 96 Cobra w/ BBK COld air intake. My buddy just got the 96 and i was wondering. I know the factory figures are 305 to 240 but i heard the 5.0 Cobra actually makes 260-270, at this point I am the superior driver. What do u think?

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
You really haven't done anything to increase your power, so you are sitting anywhere from 210 to 230 RWHP. My 95 dynoed at 220 rwhp mostly stock. Other 94/5 guys in here have layed down numbers from 210 to 230 mostly stock. By mostly stock, I mean timing bump and K&N. My "stock" run also included shorty headers which are worth next to nothing on their own, kinda like a cat back.

The 96's I have seen lay down anywhere from 245 to 265 rear wheel horsepower. His one mod will give him a few hp, kinda like your mods, but it is nothing to write home about.

My money would be on him, unless he is an absolutely horrible driver, no offense to you or your car. 25-40 horsepower is a lot to make up for.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I'll second what Mkoebra said. The guy I bought my 95 from just got a 97, or maybe a 98. Either way he basically laughed at the power of the 94/5s in comparison to the 96+ :(.

That's ok, I still love my car! :)

·
Registered
424 Posts
I think..

It really depends on where the torque/horsepower is made in the powerband/curve. I don't doubt that a mod motor cobra will outgun a 94/95 cobra, but peak numbers are not everything...

Phil

·
Registered
723 Posts
Re: I think..

CobramanPhil said:
It really depends on where the torque/horsepower is made in the powerband/curve. I don't doubt that a mod motor cobra will outgun a 94/95 cobra, but peak numbers are not everything...

Phil
ditto....a strong running 94/95 will run right next to the mod cobras. You will need a few mods tho...My car actually is faster at the track and im dead even with my buddies 98 on the street and i pull away from this other guys 97 at the track and on the street

It is kind of a joke stock vs stock tho...I used to get torn apart:eek:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Last week I ran my bone stock '94 Cobra against a friend with a '96 Cobra. He had 4.10's in the rear and some bolt-ons. His 60' was better, but I was quicker to 330' and 1/8th mi. We were neck and neck till just before the end when he seemed to keep pulling hard while mine fell flat; he won by almost .3 and 6mph.

Another friend with a '94 Cobra and 3.73's in the rear essentially ties that '96 with 4.10's every time they race. The '94 pulls ahead right after each shift, then as the rpm's go up, the '96 catches up even just before the next shift.

IMHO, don't focus on the factory-reported engine outputs. It will be a very close race at the track between a 94/95 driver who can launch well and a 96 driver who can hang on into the higher rpm's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts