Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does one delete the rear seat, and it look acceptable? is there a kit, or something?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do a "search" for Mark Lutton Racing on here. They sell a kit for it. I don't know anything about the kit.

It is possible to do it yourself as well.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Rear seat delete kit

Check the Corral classifieds, (Interior), look for rear seat delete kit from X2CMotorsports. I received mine last week and the quality is excellent. Same one as in Cobra R.

·
Registered
574 Posts
do a search in this forum... you can do it yourself for like $30 and make it however you want to your specs!

·
Registered
338 Posts
I second searching and building one yourself, it's not hard, it's cheap, and it looks good.

·
Registered
56 Posts
does anyone have it for a convertible. i have seen some pics but there aren't many. i'm thinking of doin it to put my subwoofers back there to regain my trunk space. any opinions?? the only thing holding me back is the amps and subs are exposed making it possible for them to get stolen.

-ryan

·
Registered
574 Posts
I know that they do exist for a convertible, there's no weight savings there compared to the savings on a coupe, but if you want to do it for your stereo, you will still probably want to do it yourself.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I've seen it done on the convertibles, where people prominently display their subs, to my mind it's about as tacky as you can get. And yes it would invite theft/vandilization. Unfortunately those of us with convertibles are between a rock and a hard place. When you put the top down and your sub(s) are in the trunk you've effectively put a giant wad of sound-deadening between them and you. I'm going to break down and put a new stereo in my car very soon, even though I have a big problem with mods that don't make the car faster. (Sony CDX-M630 since the CDX-M series are the only head units that I can find that would not look more at home on the Enterprise) I've been dealing with all the retarded quirks the factory unit has been subjecting me too for well over a year now. I'd like to think when I remove the factory amplifiers there might be room for a bass-tube in that little nook Between the Trunk and the rear seat- Im pretty certain there is not. Anyway - It would be more work (You would have to remember some your 8th grade geometry) but you could build a Band-pass setup with the port(s) near the floor where it wouldnt be so obivous. Not much harder when you consider you'll need to make your sealed cabinet to a specific volume anyhow. Remember - Bass can move around objects with very little loss. It's Tweeter placement that's key.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the one from Mark Luton, well, when he was in buisness. I like it alot. Very great quality. But if I had to do it again, I would build my own.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I bought one from Mark Lutton for my convertible about two years ago when we had a Group Purchase. All I can say is if I had to do it again I wouldn't waste my money. No real weight loss with convertibles. And the material used on delete kit is flimsy and won't support weight. I still have mine only because no one will buy it from me. So I use it from time to time when I no I won't need to have anybody riding in the back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts