Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im gonna get BBK unequal shorty headers. Do they have the hole that the EGR tube gets screwed into?
Also which is better, the BBK h-pipe(n0on cats) or the MAC H-pipe(non cats)? Im looking for the one thats fits best.

Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Re: exhaust questions

JWALKER said:
Im gonna get BBK unequal shorty headers. Do they have the hole that the EGR tube gets screwed into?
Also which is better, the BBK h-pipe(n0on cats) or the MAC H-pipe(non cats)? Im looking for the one thats fits best.

Thanks
Hey man
I dont have any experience with the mac h-pipe. But I have a BBK on my car and I would NOT recommend it. It was very hard to fit on correctly. Now, even though I have had it professionally welded, the middle part of the h-pipe (where the two sides connect) will not keep a seal. I have a pretty bad exhaust leak there and cant get rid of it.

Good luck
Andy

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, I think Im gonna get the MAC shorties and H-pipe. I seems that there are alot of problems with BBK(I did a search on here). I didnt see many problems with MAC.

Thanks For the response.

Jeff

·
Registered
452 Posts
Search again, MAC's headers are crap. MAC's quality ALWAYS leaves something to be desired and the design is even worst. I would get some Ford Motor Sports or JBA headers.

Their HTS coating is a joke, will not last six months. They are extremely difficult to put back on if removed from the engine for other work. This is caused because the headers warp and MAC's stupid idea of multiple flanges make it difficult to line the bolt holes back up.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Any other views out there. Ive seen alot of negative stuff about BBK and mostly good stuff about MAC shorties.

Any one else want to add anything?

Jeff

·
Registered
949 Posts
tough question for headers. you'll get tons of ya's and na's.

my 2 cents....I run Mac chrome LTS and Prochmbr. fit was good and everything lined up...i have yet to take them off yet, so i can't reply to that...my Chromes just fine along with the Prochambr. before this i had a Mac H...after 3 yrs it looked the same as the day it went on...why you ask....cause i don't drive in rain or winter. makes a big difference..if you care about that, the coating that is. its not the best stuff in the world (HTS) for everyday driving..if you want it to stay decent, then the BBK ceramics have good reviews to..kinda sensless to ceramic coat Macs due to the cost of coating...FMS stainless, if you have the bucks i'm sure you cant go wrong with them...its a money thing when it comes to headers...the good stuff is $$$$$$$
For me, Macs fit the bill...its what your willing to spend.

iv'e seen more bad BBK info on this site than any other??? thats odd, usually it 50/50 on Mac versus BBK thing.

good luck....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts