Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm sure this has been covered before but i was unable to find anything in search. does anyone have any info or advise for me, i'm wanting to replace my 94/95 eec for an earlyer type. i know that prow flow makes a kit for this conversion but my friend tells me i can just rearrange the pinout on my harness and splice a switch in for my fan. is this possable, has anyone been successfull? i'm told the older eec's are'nt as restictive as mine. the reason for the interest is because i've gone with an aftermarket cam and i'm having trouble getting the idle to come down right away. the idle will come down though, just takes 6-7 seconds after i get out of it. is there an easyer way to fix this without a tuning aid or chip? I don't have a prob with a chip, it's just that i'm not finished with my combo and don't want to re-burn. are there better eec's than others? from what i've been told the eec on the 94/95 cars determines the injector size not the mass air. if this is true will i have to change my maf also? any help will be greatly appreciated. thanks, tommy :confused:

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
The Pro-M (Pro Flow) kit is basically instructions on which pins to move for the conversion to plug in an A9L processor, and comes with the fan controller and BAP sensor, and you will need a recal on the meter. I'm not too much of a fan of this swap. If you don't want a chip then I would use the Pro-M Optimizer...if you have a Pro-M meter. If has Idle and High Speed settings. Way back when, when I added the E303 cam in my car, it wasn't idling like I wanted and bought the Optimizer. After that the car idled like a stock car. That was a long time ago and the Optimizer is still on my car. I now use the PMS for idle control but still have the Optimizer plugged in for more fine tuning. I never did use the high speed setting since I never had a need. This is something to consider if you don't want to get a chip, or spend the money on the swap.

Troy

1 - 2 of 2 Posts