Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody in here run one? I see a lot of P1SC's but not many D-1s

Probably a little too much blower for what i got but i know of a kid that has a 94 Cobra with a similar comba and the car gets with it.

Wont go over 11 psi...Its made for more boost but my car wont be;)

I like the fact that its tapped into the pan....and Im not gonna lie, I like the blower loud...P1SC's are too quiet. Id rather go with an S-Trim but its too damn hot here in the summer to not have an intercooler. And S-Trims are the trendy thing here all of a sudden;)

Anyone used to or run a D-1?

Thanks...

·
Registered
164 Posts
I run a D1B and it is loud. It was too much for my stock Cobra motor, but works great on the new motor. I would definitely recommend one for a built motor.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cobrassc said:
I run a D1B and it is loud. It was too much for my stock Cobra motor, but works great on the new motor. I would definitely recommend one for a built motor.
Whats the difference between the D-1 and the D-1B? The 'B' is a little more hardcore isnt it?

Thanks man

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a D1-SC along with fuel, full lengths, x-pipe, magnaflows, and stock block. I made 420 at the rear wheels. I only went to the track once with it and the best I ran was a [email protected] I was spinning in first and a little in second....but that was with street tires. It'll probably do a high 11 with tires and practice.

·
PMS Tuning Forum Moderator
3,478 Posts
Hey the S-trim is good...lol. The D-1 is a great street/strip blower, with a good linear boost curve. I guess you could say it is comparable with the T-trim. Only person that has had bad luck is Dan (paluka21) but he runs the D-1sc unit, which I would stay away from. I would rather have the regular D-1 that gets oil from the pan. It will be fine if you pulley it down for the cobra longblock till you get that built shortblock.

Troy

·
Registered
164 Posts
95CobraofDeath said:
Whats the difference between the D-1 and the D-1B? The 'B' is a little more hardcore isnt it?

Thanks man
The D-1 is the race version and the D-1B is the 'street' version. I believe that the impellers are different where the D-1 gives you most boost in the higher rpms and the D-1B is more linear. Run less than full boost and you will definitely be satisfied.

·
Registered
66 Posts
WHICH ONE?

I was in the process of looking at different ATI superchargers also. I has looking at the D-1, but i think this is tooo much blower for me. I only want to run about 14lbs of boost. I was then looking at the P600b. I want a intercooled supercharger that mounts on the driver side. So if there are any ATI experts in here, please help us out. Which blower would be good for me? Thanks!

·
Registered
470 Posts
I would look at what horsepower and modification level you want to be at, not specifically a boost number. Boost is a relative figue. Check out some of the signitures of the ATI guys and use that as a guide.

·
Registered
245 Posts
The D1 kicks Ass. I made 413RWHP with a stock long block, and over 500 with unported heads and intake with stock cam. No problems with over 10K miles clocked. I'd stay away from the SC though. I'd compare it to the YS-Trim myself. Boost starts off low also. Mine made 6lbs at 4K and [email protected] Also made 500lbs as low as 4400. Not bad at all with a conservative tune to boot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts