Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Mustang LX Notchback 347 Stroker
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am posting for sale a beautiful fox body notchback mustang. The car has been in my family since 2012 and has been primarily used as a nice weekend cruiser/show car. It is very fast and draws a lot of attention everywhere I go. The car is extremely clean, I’d give the outside a 8.5/10 and the inside a 9.5/10.

The engine is very strong, as is the T5 transmission- it shifts very tight and precise. The body of the car has 87,583 miles on it and there are about 2,500 miles on the 347 stroker motor. The heater core was just replaced and I just changed the oil and spark plugs. It easily has over $20,000 in aftermarket parts installed. I have included what I know about the car below:

VIN: 1FACP40M5PF123826
(Originally a 4 cylinder/AOD car)

Engine/drivetrain-
347 stroker (Scat 347 stroker kit)
Trickflow twisted wedge 170 aluminum heads
Trickflow 1.6 roller rocker arms
Trickflow stage 1 cam
Trickflow intake manifold
Trickflow valve covers
Trickflow oil filler tube
Professional Products 75mm throttle body
Cold air intake
MSD distributor
MSD 6AL ignition box
MSD blaster coil
Ford racing spark plug wires
Granatelli Motorsports MAF Sensor
Professional products Adjustable FPR
Steeda billet fuel rail
Ford 30lb injectors
Upgraded (3G) alternator
Motorcraft coolant hose kit
Milodon 7qt oil pan
McLeod hydraulic clutch kit
Spec stage 2 clutch
3.5” Aluminum driveshaft
3.73 gears
Ford 8.8” rear end
MAC differential cover

Wheels/brakes/suspension-
Race Star Industries 92 drag star 15” wheels
Mickey Thompson ET Streets F: 26x6r15 R: 275/50r15
Eibach pro street coilovers
Steeda camber plates
Tubular K-member
Tubular A-arms
Welded subframe connectors
5 lug swap
Slotted rotors front and back
Ford SVT Cobra rear caliper/disc brake upgrade

Exhaust-
1 5/8” long tube headers
2.5” exhaust
Magnaflow mufflers
Electronic exhaust cut outs (sounds mean)

Interior/audio-
Corbeau vinyl sport seats
Corbeau vinyl rear seat cover
New black carpet
New headliner
Short shifter
Insignia CD player
Kenwood speakers
Rockford Fosgate Punch P3 12" subwoofer
Rockford Fosgate R5001XD amp
New Duralast Gold battery relocated to the trunk

Body-
Repainted Ford “Bright Red”
Steeda 2” cowl fiberglass hood w/ louvers
Painted racing stripes
Rear spoiler
6k LED headlights

Being a 28 year old car, it is not perfect. The A/C is not currently working, but I have the full kit to convert the A/C to modern R134a. The idle also surges for about a minute during a cold start.

Notchback mustangs have only been increasing in value, especially clean ones. I purchased the car from my Uncle earlier this year as a fun car for the summer, but my wife is now expecting our first child, so the car has to go. If you have been wanting one, there is no better time than now! Clean title in hand, asking price is $18,000. I am not interested in trades. No test drives without cash in hand. Please text 616-928-5694 or PM if interested, car is located in Grand Rapids, MI.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you! I will absolutely miss it. The current situation (2 car garage and baby on the way) doesn’t make it easy to keep it unfortunately.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Looks like its doing pretty well on ebay, seems it may do better then you initially thought.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like its doing pretty well on ebay, seems it may do better then you initially thought.
It sure looks that way! Never sold a car on eBay before, I’m hoping the winning bidder follows through. We’ll see!

·
Registered
1987 GT
33 Posts
It sure looks that way! Never sold a car on eBay before, I’m hoping the winning bidder follows through. We’ll see!
Cars seem to be selling for crazy money on ebay but yea I do question if the buyers follow through sometimes. I wish you the best though, now is the time to sell it seems, sweet ride!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Buyer on eBay seems to be a flake. Price drop, asking $18k.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blown away your car hasn’t sold yet 🤦🏻‍♂️
Same!! So many window shoppers on eBay and Craigslist. This thing sold for $24,000…I confirmed with the seller that it actually went through. Surprised I haven’t gotten $16,500 yet!

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Blown away your car hasn’t sold yet 🤦🏻‍♂️
Might be it's 12 owners it's had, looks like he just bought the car a month ago on the history report. It is a swap car also, originally a 4cyl car. I would assume he didn't build it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Might be it's 12 owners it's had, looks like he just bought the car a month ago on the history report. It is a swap car also, originally a 4cyl car. I would assume he didn't build it.
I suppose some people could see 12 owners in 28 years as a bad thing. I know three of them personally (myself, my cousin, and my uncle). I bought the car in March, but couldn’t register it until May because my local Secretary of State was so backed up. I bought it with the intention of keeping/driving it for a year, but am forced to sell early (long story). You are correct in assuming I didn’t build the car.

·
Registered
1987 GT
33 Posts
I agree with market peaking, at least I hope so because I wanna find a clean unmodded notch but that being said to the OP if you can be patient I would suggest that. Your car is bad ass but unique and just needs the right buyer.

Not that a car is audio equipment but I had some high end audio equipment for sale ( ~6k dollars ) on offer up and people were complaining and emailing me this and that, it is too much and low balls, same thing you are probably dealing with. It took me over 6 months but a guy came with cash and took it home, easy no hassle, I wish all buyers were like him haha.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Modded cars require a buyer who is looking for THOSE SPECIFIC MODS. As we all know, we never get a true return on investment when we build a vehicle and try to sell it. It narrows the market, and the more that’s done to it, the more narrow the market. For me, this car has many of the mods that I would like in my car, so, it would be a real good option for me; if I had the money 🤦🏻‍♂️🙄. As for the stripes, yeah, they may be a drawback for some people. Personally, I’d prefer no stripes, but is that going to stop me from making a purchase like this? No. I sure hope the bubble has burst, and prices are beginning to drop. I continue to wish you the best of luck with this sale man! Like others have said, sometimes patients is key. Someone out there will love that car.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts