Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 1269 Posts

·
Registered
673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay everyone, thought I would ask the end users again on this one.
We are looking at possibly building a replica of the 1993 Cobra wheel. From my research I know it is 17x7.5 originally in the 4x4.25. Also, from what I can tell it does not fit that well on the 87-93 Mustang because of the taller hats on the brakes.

We would make them in 17x8 with a +20mm offset if we do it. Also we would make lefts and rights.

Price would be around $575-$625 for silver and around $850-$900 for chrome. Also, I would try and keep them at 20lbs and under.
I just wanted to poll and see what the interest is.

Thanks in advance, and please feel free to add any comments or suggestions.

Jeff

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Yes, go for it. I would buy a few sets from you myself as long as its a good quality replica. Alot of stangers are looking for the 93 cobras and I would bet they would buy them from you.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
I posted this in another of your threads, but I would like to see both a 4-lug, and 5-lug option, as well as an option for a wider rear wheel. A 17X9.5 or 17X10 would be great for the rear with a 17X8 or 17X8.5 up front.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I just want some one to tell how wide of wheel i can in the back of a 93 cobra..... I need to have the rear wheels widend.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
SKerr said:
I just want some one to tell how wide of wheel i can in the back of a 93 cobra..... I need to have the rear wheels widend.
I know a 17X9.5 will work quite nicely, but I forget the offset, B/S needed. You will need to "massage" the inner fenders, and roll the outer, but it works, I have seen it on a few Fox Stangs. It looks really nice if you have a 17X8 or 17X8.5 up front, and a 17X9.5 on the back.

·
Registered
96 Posts
they would sit funny on a real 1993 cobra!

·
Registered
5,117 Posts
Jeffo,
Please make the replicas. All the OE '93 Cobra wheels I see for sale are too expensive. You won't regret making them once you see the response they get. Go for it!!

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
cobraJ said:
they would sit funny on a real 1993 cobra!
I do not really think these are going to be marketed for the 93 Cobra's, there would be less than 5000 customers;)

·
Registered
51 Posts
I agree, go for the replicas. I know ive been waiting for them.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Once again...I say go for the 93's, make chrome an option. Should sell a boat load. Wonder how they would look on a sn95? Thinking of a 5 lug option?

·
Registered
7,681 Posts
i currently have '93 cobra rims on my blue '90 notch and love 'em BUT at the same time i wish they would be available in 5-lug so i could run sn95 brakes instead of the fox junk brakes (i know that bear makes 4-lug 13" fronts but they are $$$$$$$). it be great if you'd make 'em in 5-lug and maybe some 17x9s or 10s for the rear

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
I think you would do very well w/ a good quality wheel as well. I am surprised the repro companies havent touched em already.

·
Registered
96 Posts
its a good idea i work at a mustang place in dallas, i could sell a ton, i just dont want everyone with 93 cobra wheels, i like having rims that i do see around very much,, so i'm torn on this!!

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
65 Posts
I would just like to have a wide set of rear wheels, something bigger than a damn 7" wide.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would definately buy at least one set, if not two. PLEASE MAKE THESE!!!:joy: :D

·
Registered
84 Posts
i bought a 93 cobra last week and would like to know where can i buy an extra set of wheels?? 34k with no mods.... all i need now is the extra set for i am a little afraid the ones i have will get dinged....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Since we're all talking about cobra wheels -painted and chromed- i am looking to get my 93 cobra wheels polished. anyone know of someone reputable around the Houston, TX area that can do it?? Also i have heard prices range from 100$ a wheel to 280$ a wheel. if anyone can help with prices, please let me know!
THanks guys and p.s. I'm with COBRAJ - - make them, but i like the limited number of them on the road...

Thanks
[email protected]

1 - 20 of 1269 Posts