Ford Mustang Forums banner

1992 Mustang GT - 20+ year build project

17K views 88 replies 16 participants last post by  Detroit Iron 
#1 ·
I'm going to start documenting my build here and on a FB group related to foxbody mustangs. The background; I purchased my 1992 mustang back in 1997 or so and drove it as my daily for a few years. It went through a few combos over the years until I parked it and decided to get crazy with it. After many changes in directions and several major life changes I have finally started working on it in earnest.

Here are the highlights:
1992 GT - to be updated with a Cervinis Cobra body kit (no BADGES though)
R302 based 363 stroker
SCAT Billet forged custom crankshaft
Oliver rods
Diamond pistons
Custom cam by Jay Allen, yeah I've had it a few years
TEA CNC ported 225 TrickFlow High port heads
Pro-M racing EFI system
1 of 4 original TFS prototype "horseshoe" intakes
single, but may switch to dual, turbo
T56 magnum w/RXT clutch
Maximum Motorsports full front and rear suspension, including HD torque arm
Wilwood front and rear brakes (6 piston and 4 piston respectively)

On February 29th of this year I finally pulled the car from storage, where it has sat for over 15 years now. It was coated in thick layer of dust, dirt and yes rat droppings. yuck.

With the help of my niece and her husband we were able to get the car pulled onto their trailer to take it across town for the build to begin.

If you zoom in you can see that the 5.0 badge is actually green tinted from mold after sitting for so long.

Once at the shop the first thing to occur was that the guys @ CCD stripped the engine bay completely clean, pulled the front bumper and the fenders off the car. This was all in preparation for it to go across town to Slicks Fab Shop for them to smooth the engine bay and start the paint transformation.

See less See more
#84 ·
Major update!!!
Houston we have a lower for the original upper. It took 2 years of waiting, but I’m super excited.
Shoe Glove Sleeve Wood Font

Human body Sleeve Automotive tire Font Glove

Automotive tire Hood Tire Automotive lighting Grille

Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Bumper Rim

Reactions: Len Schmidt
#86 ·
Thanks Chris! Hope you are doing well and back home stateside now.

#87 ·
Got the call that my new Manowar block showed up today. Stay tuned for pics and further updates later this week.

Reactions: Len Schmidt
#88 ·
Quick update as I had someone named Jim email asking about it.
The intake is on the engine now and all built up.

Attachments