Ford Mustang Forums banner
1221 - 1224 of 1224 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Awesome build! Spent the last few days reading through the entire thread and I love what you have done with the car. I agree with Jack on using the stock fuel rail, much better fitment as well. FWIW in my old ranger 2.3 turbo setup I was pushing over 450whp on stock fuel rail and stock lines in the truck on e85 with a 450 walbro in the tank and never had an issue with fuel delivery. On my blown 306 91 Fox I'm running 96-97 ford explorer 302 rails to clean up the engine bay and fuel system a bit (the return and feed on these rails run to the back of the engine and towards the drivers side) e85 with stock regulator with no issues (MS3 system with fuel pressure sensor). These rails may not work for your needs with your engine being pushed back an inch but just an example for you.

Reactions: Peter92lx

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,222 ·
Awesome build! Spent the last few days reading through the entire thread and I love what you have done with the car. I agree with Jack on using the stock fuel rail, much better fitment as well. FWIW in my old ranger 2.3 turbo setup I was pushing over 450whp on stock fuel rail and stock lines in the truck on e85 with a 450 walbro in the tank and never had an issue with fuel delivery. On my blown 306 91 Fox I'm running 96-97 ford explorer 302 rails to clean up the engine bay and fuel system a bit (the return and feed on these rails run to the back of the engine and towards the drivers side) e85 with stock regulator with no issues (MS3 system with fuel pressure sensor). These rails may not work for your needs with your engine being pushed back an inch but just an example for you.
Thanks for the information. I took a look at 94-95 fuel rails since they are supposed to be bigger. But it still was a question if they could support E85 at my HP level. I have the Aeromotive rails and all the parts so I'm going to move forward with them. I have most of it plumbed right now. just need to work on the motor side.

·
Premium Member
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,223 ·
Finally got back after a week of being out of town. I was hoping to get it install before I left but it didn't happen. I had a few things to finish before I could install the engine. It started with getting the crank trigger installed on the motor. Since I had the oil pan reinforcement rails I had to remove the driver side one and cut the last two holes off for the sensor mount.

The install was easy I had oil pan studs so it took a bit more work but not a big deal. Then I got the lower intake installed then the flywheel and the motor was ready to go back in the car. This the part I really hate. It always freaks me out watching a 600lb motor swinging over the front of the car.

But I got it in the car and ready to get everything back together.

Now I really need to push to get the car ready to start again. Unfortunately the list of things to do is very long.

1221 - 1224 of 1224 Posts