Ford Mustang Forums banner
101 - 120 of 214 Posts

·
Banned
25,617 Posts
since you are unable to perform engine running codes and you dont have maf or fuel trim codes

And you can keep the engine running with throttle

airflow is still on the table, dont you think?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #102 ·
since you are unable to perform engine running codes and you dont have maf or fuel trim codes

And you can keep the engine running with throttle

airflow is still on the table, dont you think?
I think that would make sense, yes.

Which makes me think IAC but we already ruled that out, right?

·
Banned
25,617 Posts
IAC works, yes

but what controls IAC?

·
Banned
25,617 Posts
We could not call the ECM, until you can verify the inputs, and power and grounds to the ECM are good.

Since you said it can run with more air, should we not try to retrieve running codes at warm temp, ie keep it running on its own at temp, by increasing airflow at temp

what do you suggest do to get more air while at operating temp?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
We could not call the ECM, until you can verify the inputs, and power and grounds to the ECM are good.

Since you said it can run with more air, should we not try to retrieve running codes at warm temp, ie keep it running on its own at temp, by increasing airflow at temp

what do you suggest do to get more air while at operating temp?
Verifying the inputs/power/grounds is a little above my skill level unless someone can tell me how to do that.

The codes I ran were with the engine at operating temp; I held the throttle open to keep it running to get it there.

so I should run the KEOR codes with the throttle held open?

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Verifying the inputs/power/grounds is a little above my skill level unless someone can tell me how to do that.

The codes I ran were with the engine at operating temp; I held the throttle open to keep it running to get it there.

(y)

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The caps in the EEC are easy to check by removing the cover and inspecting. The caps affect the fuel pump and align pretty well with your symptoms.

·
Banned
25,617 Posts

the codes you posted, does not specifically say engine running or off

do engine off
list them

then engine running

list them

·
Banned
25,617 Posts
lol. no idea at all. keep chasing the "air pedal".

thanx for your admission, just it case you didn't know the throttle ONLY controls AIR

only chasing the data the testing has shown, something a parts thrower like yourself wouldnt know about.

·
Registered
228 Posts
its comical. what r u going to tell me next the brakes are only for stopping? lol

101 - 120 of 214 Posts