Ford Mustang Forums banner
181 - 200 of 214 Posts
Y'all cut that out now. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

So do you know what is then?
No but you best believe if my 02s were suspect i would be under the car probing wires, verifying i have power and ground to the sensors and verifying the signal wire had continuity to the ECU from the plug where the o2 plugs in. Not sure if you understand how to do this or of you have the mechanical ability to do so.

Discussion starter · #186 ·
No but you best believe if my 02s were suspect i would be under the car probing wires, verifying i have power and ground to the sensors and verifying the signal wire had continuity to the ECU from the plug where the o2 plugs in. Not sure if you understand how to do this or of you have the mechanical ability to do so.
As I said a hundred times already, bought a multimeter and I’m going to try to test those. Like Indy said, this stuff requires wiring diagrams, etc to do correctly. I’ve literally never done that before so I have to figure out how to check all of that.

Seems like you think this is just stuff I should “just know how to do.” No ****ing **** I’ve never done it before so I have to figure that out. Or maybe according to you, no one is allowed to learn how to do this stuff for the first time, they should just know how to do it, right?

No, I don’t understand how to do this, but I’m trying to figure that out, so I don’t know what to tell you, buddy.

As I said a hundred times already, bought a multimeter and I’m going to try to test those. Like Indy said, this stuff requires wiring diagrams, etc to do correctly. I’ve literally never done that before so I have to figure out how to check all of that.

Seems like you think this is just stuff I should “just know how to do.” No *ing * I’ve never done it before so I have to figure that out. Or maybe according to you, no one is allowed to learn how to do this stuff for the first time, they should just know how to do it, right?

No, I don’t understand how to do this, but I’m trying to figure that out, so I don’t know what to tell you, buddy.
It doesn't take a week to probe wires. Good luck fixing it, and in my opinion, your shouldn't be working on cars, you dont even have a basic understanding of how things work or how to do basic troubleshooting. There is a big difference in knowing basics and asking for help and not knowing anything about cars and trying to fix them. Not everyone is mechanically inclined and that is fine. Good luck

I think I would verify voltage at the o2 sensor connections, if all is good swap o2 sensors from side to side. Reseat computer/codes and run the car again to see if same code comes up or if it mnow moved sides.

Discussion starter · #190 ·
It doesn't take a week to probe wires.
Honestly buddy, I don’t owe you an explanation for why I haven’t had a chance to go do those tests yet. My car sits outside and it rains half the ****ing day where I live. I work all day during the week and sometimes at night and on the weekend, too. By the time I'm done working for the day, half the time it's a ****ing monsoon outside. As I already told you, I just bought a multimeter, so I haven't been able to do those tests yet. What are you accusing me of, not having done those tests yet? The TPS I've looked up how to do, and I think I can handle that, but I haven't had time. The 02 sensors, I'm having some trouble with the explanation given in the manual and on other forums, and I asked for clarification. I ran the tests that I have been able to do, but am asking for help on other stuff. I guess I forgot that it's an absolute mortal sin to be a beginner at this hobby, and to ask beginner questions. My bad.

in my opinion, your shouldn't be working on cars, you dont even have a basic understanding of how things work or how to do basic troubleshooting.
Ah yes, textbook gatekeeping. I’m trying to learn by doing, but here you are running your mouth saying I shouldn’t even be trying to work on my own car because I don’t know how to do something yet. Imagine making a statement like that when someone is asking for help. According to you, I should somehow just know automatically know this stuff, or be banned forever from the hobby. Everyone starts somewhere, but that is apparently a concept that is foreign to you. What a joke. People like you saying **** like that is why the hobby is dying.

As another user so kindly noted, I posted this on another forum, and they are offering real help and being patient with all my beginner questions. Additionally, I have a friend coming to help me do these tests and to teach me the remaining stuff I don’t know how to do yet. Don't you worry, I’ll learn, and I’ll get this diagnosed one way or another. This thread has devolved from being a tech help thread, to something entirely different. I'm finding myself spending more time arguing with internet tough guys than actually working through this issue. I’m tired of having to explain why I want to get the car fixed, why I haven’t had time to run tests, and why I haven't made progress on getting this diagnosed as quickly as some people think I should be. This has gone too far when I find myself typing out an explanation for why I want to get the car fixed because someone is accusing me of "bullshit" over needing a car to drive when my other car is in the shop. I find it absurd that some people would rather spend time poking holes in collateral issues, than explaining how to do a basic test.

It's really a shame. I don't think anyone would disagree that the Mustang community unfortunately doesn't have the best reputation, but as I'm seeing, the scorn is well-deserved. Out of all the cars I've owned and all the people I've dealt with in various car communities, I always seem to find the wannabe hardasses in the Mustang community, even though it's mostly good people. Likewise, in the past when I've gone to car meets and drag strip events, people are overwhelmingly friendly and helpful, but I guess going online brings out the trolls and the ****-talkers.

So at this point, I don't think this thread is productive anymore, and I've grown tired of having to offer justifications for everything. Too many internet badasses and shade tree mechanics.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who actually tried to help and thanks to those who were patient with my inexperience. There have definitely been some good helpful tips and advice, and I truly appreciate everyone who has contributed in that regard, as I have been somewhat pointed in the right direction, at least. To those of you who have been patient and helped, I certainly hope I can reach out to you on this forum in the future as I continue to learn and develop basic mechanical knowledge and skills.

If anyone wants to have an adult conversation about what the issue, or if you want to know what it was once I get it fixed, feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Honestly buddy, I don’t owe you an explanation for why I haven’t had a chance to go do those tests yet. My car sits outside and it rains half the ****ing day where I live. I work all day during the week and sometimes at night and on the weekend, too. By the time I'm done working for the day, half the time it's a ****ing monsoon outside. As I already told you, I just bought a multimeter, so I haven't been able to do those tests yet. What are you accusing me of, not having done those tests yet? The TPS I've looked up how to do, and I think I can handle that, but I haven't had time. The 02 sensors, I'm having some trouble with the explanation given in the manual and on other forums, and I asked for clarification. I ran the tests that I have been able to do, but am asking for help on other stuff. I guess I forgot that it's an absolute mortal sin to be a beginner at this hobby, and to ask beginner questions. My bad.

Ah yes, textbook gatekeeping. I’m trying to learn by doing, but here you are running your mouth saying I shouldn’t even be trying to work on my own car because I don’t know how to do something yet. Imagine making a statement like that when someone is asking for help. According to you, I should somehow just know automatically know this stuff, or be banned forever from the hobby. Everyone starts somewhere, but that is apparently a concept that is foreign to you. What a joke. People like you saying **** like that is why the hobby is dying.

As another user so kindly noted, I posted this on another forum, and they are offering real help and being patient with all my beginner questions. Additionally, I have a friend coming to help me do these tests and to teach me the remaining stuff I don’t know how to do yet. Don't you worry, I’ll learn, and I’ll get this diagnosed one way or another. This thread has devolved from being a tech help thread, to something entirely different. I'm finding myself spending more time arguing with internet tough guys than actually working through this issue. I’m tired of having to explain why I want to get the car fixed, why I haven’t had time to run tests, and why I haven't made progress on getting this diagnosed as quickly as some people think I should be. This has gone too far when I find myself typing out an explanation for why I want to get the car fixed because someone is accusing me of "bullshit" over needing a car to drive when my other car is in the shop. I find it absurd that some people would rather spend time poking holes in collateral issues, than explaining how to do a basic test.

It's really a shame. I don't think anyone would disagree that the Mustang community unfortunately doesn't have the best reputation, but as I'm seeing, the scorn is well-deserved. Out of all the cars I've owned and all the people I've dealt with in various car communities, I always seem to find the wannabe hardasses in the Mustang community, even though it's mostly good people. Likewise, in the past when I've gone to car meets and drag strip events, people are overwhelmingly friendly and helpful, but I guess going online brings out the trolls and the ****-talkers.

So at this point, I don't think this thread is productive anymore, and I've grown tired of having to offer justifications for everything. Too many internet badasses and shade tree mechanics.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who actually tried to help and thanks to those who were patient with my inexperience. There have definitely been some good helpful tips and advice, and I truly appreciate everyone who has contributed in that regard, as I have been somewhat pointed in the right direction, at least. To those of you who have been patient and helped, I certainly hope I can reach out to you on this forum in the future as I continue to learn and develop basic mechanical knowledge and skills.

If anyone wants to have an adult conversation about what the issue, or if you want to know what it was once I get it fixed, feel free to PM me. Thanks.
Lol... Let us know WHEN YOUR FRIEND diagnoses and fixes it.

You gotta have tough skin to hang here. Ease up on the attitude and don’t take anything personally...keep on topic. The help will come if you let it. Hang in there.
Coming from someone who was where you’re at.

Oh no... I've been muted by someone who doesn't know the difference between a screwdriver and a ratchet... I'm gonna go cry now lol

"So at this point, I don't think this thread is productive anymore"

this thread lacked productivity not too far after the start. order an evtm and a service manual for your year model and diagnose, otherwise start replacng parts. troubleshooting electrical issues is going to be difficult for someone unsure of where or how to adjust a throttle stop. dont mean that disrespectfully but it is what it is.

indy2000 is probably your best bet at electrical diagnostics over the interwebz. otherwise do what most have done and dig into it yourself. but you need a fundamental understanding of the 5.0l platform and eec4 efi. tons of knowledge out there, not on forums.

thank baby black jesus, the corral gots you as the expert identifier of bookface tentacles...........

what would we all do without your tech.......oh my........

more learning for ya

helps you get into 'thinking' design, will greatly help in diagnosing

I suggest you look up scannerdanner and start watching, IMHO no one explains stuff as good as him, he is a teacher

Reactions: bradbrenn
check the FP regulator

remove hose, start car cold, and watch if fuel comes out of the reg, give it a couple of minutes

181 - 200 of 214 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.