Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
I plan on starting it up when cold and unplugging the IAC to see if the car dies. If it keeps running and potentially doesn’t stall (despite probably exhibiting some surging) I’ll know it’s the IAC
To indy's defense, you did say you'd start it cold and unplug IAC.

Also, he comes off as a complete dick sometimes (OK, most of the time), but if you follow his directions and think of what and why he's suggesting certain test or asks certain questions, you'll get through it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Maybe I missed it, after you pulled the IAC when cold and it was still idling around 500rpm, did you let it run until it shut off (keeping IAC disconnected)?

When cold, as stated earlier, the engine needs more air (and fuel) than at operating temp. If it's idling cold with IAC disconnected, it should continue to idle when warm, so it wouldn't be an air issue.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Verifying the inputs/power/grounds is a little above my skill level unless someone can tell me how to do that.

The codes I ran were with the engine at operating temp; I held the throttle open to keep it running to get it there.

so I should run the KEOR codes with the throttle held open?
(y)

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well, you can try to reset KAM.

Disconnect battery for ~30 minutes, reconnect and start it up and see what happens.
If it continues to run after it warms up, seems like you can look into the O2 issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts