Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
fs or trade 1990 conv. cobra r clone w/331 stroker w/nos, cobra red w/black lthr

Well I am moving in a couple of months and I need to sell my baby as I will have no where to keep it and could use some cash to get started. It is a 1990 gt conv. with 90k miles. It has the complete 93 cobra ground effect and wing kit, and a 3 in. cowl hood. The ground effects are from ford, not aftermarket. The car was painted in dec. of last year, great paint job. I painted the car with the same paint code off the 93 cobra's, and made a set of wheels identical to the 17in 1993 cobra r wheels. The interior is black leather that is near perfect with no tears. The only blemishes are the small wrinkles in the drivers seat, which any car with leather will have after 20k miles. The rear houses a 3.73 fms gear, hooked to an alum. driveshaft, then to a t5 with a pro 5.0 shifter w/steeda tri ax handle and new leather cobra shift knob. The trans does great with no noises or scraping. I also put a fms king cobra clutch in the car. Inside I have a dash mounted auto meter monster tach, pillar mounted oil pres. and water temp. guages, and an air/fuel guage mounted on the steering column. The stereo is a pioneer cd plaver running to an alpine v12 amp pushing mb quart components up front, pioneer 5x6's in the rear, and there is a 12in sub fiberglassed into the spare tire well. Also in the trunk is the battery, NOS bottle, and a kenwood eq w/sub control. The top is brand new w/ new window curtain. All front lights/foglights are new with clear corners. All interior and top functions work properly. Under the hood is all the fun and most of my money. The motor is a stock block 331ci stroker. The shortblock has an eagle steel crank, eagle i-beam rods, forged probe pistons, and put together with clevite bearingsand arp fasteners. All clearances checked and double checked, all possible mahine work to block done at competent race shop. On top of the motor air goes in through a k&n cone filter, then through a c&l 76mm mass air meter, 70mm tb, then to a gt-40 intake with the upper runners redone by bennet racing. 38lb injectors run at 38 psi at w.o.t. and dump gas into the edelbrock performer heads (1.90/1.60 valves) The valvetrain is edelbrock and is actuated by a fms f cam and crane "cobra" alum. roller rockers. The car has mac equal length shorties, 2.5in offroad h pipe,and 2.5in flowmasters with turndowns. Under the hood there is also an electric fan with adj. thermostat, msd 6al, msd window sw., msd coil, fms 9mm wires, underdrive pullies, and a powermaster 140 amp alt. Most of the underhood wiring has been relocated the the fenderwells for a clean look. There is also an NOS wet kit jetted for 150hp w/ an autometer 1.5in fuel pressure guage. The front suspension has been upgraded with steeda caster/camber plates, and steeda coil over kit with 175lb springs. I have two sets of wheels, the black and chrome cobra r's, and a new set of weld pro stars 15x8 rear, and 15x3 front w/ e.t. streets out back. The tires on the 17's are new as well. I have not have the car on a dyno yet, but I would guess is is making 350 to 400hp n/a, and 500 to 550 on spray. I say this because I took the car to the track and ran 7.8 all motor at 89mph. The car was spinning through first, then would hook in 2nd. I tried spraying in the top of 2nd through the rest of the pass and the fastest et like this was 7.5, and the fastest mph was 95.5mph. My friends gt has been dynoed at 550hp at the crank, and he is running 7.2 at 96 in a car that weighs about 400lbs less than mine. So if my car can pull nearly the same mph at 400lbs heavier, my hp has to be close or a little higher. I am sure that I am leaving something out, I have done so much to this car. Everthing that I have done to the car has been done in the last 6 months, the car has been nearly restored. I hate to get rid of the car, but when I move I will have no where to keep it. Right now my dad lets me keep it in his garage, but if I move away I will have to take it with me. I bought the car for $5000 in decent condition, and have spent about 12k on refurbishing it. I have done everything right down to taking out all the underhood wiring and cleaning/relooming/retaping all the harnesses, to cleaning and repainting all peices under the hood as I put the car back together. The car has never been wrecked to my knowledge and has a clean title in my possesion. I have driven the car about 2k miles since completion. I am asking $12,500 for the car as is, or I would sell it for $9k without the motor. A motor that I have close to $6k in parts and machine work in. I am also open to partial or full trades. I would consider trades on a nice suv, 96 up jeep wrangler, a larger sportbike (hayabusa, zx-12, zx-11, etc), jet ski, harley, custom bike parts(chopper, fat tire, etc), another mustang a little closer to stock, a factory five cobra kit, or anything else interesting. If anyone is interested feel free to email me at [email protected] or give me a call at 704-239-1780 with any questions. Ill attach a few pics and a link to my member gallery here on the corral. Thanks for looking

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i forgot it also has a fms alum. radiatior. I am supposed to have custom 2x3 subframes run through the floor and a six point cage put in as soon as the shop im takin it too gets room for it. I also have the upr spherical upper alum. bushings for the rear that I have not installed yet. I may have solid upper and lowers put in when I have the cage done, just depends on the bugdet

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
btw, there is also a 255lph holley in tank fuel pump, an adj. motor brace running from the firewall to the head, and is already wired for a bottle heater although I have not installed one yet. This car is a blast to drive. I ran those times on 26x10.50 et streets (they actually measure about 8in. wide). I drove it to the track, let them down to 12psi, raced the car, pumped them back up and drove it home. This car is fully streetable without any high gear bucking or inconsistent idle.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have a 94 cobra convertible with:

stalker body kit
4 in stalker hood
double stack wing
clear corners
new black top
new red translucent paint
black leather interior
new motor
tranny is currently getting rebuilt so will be brand new
steeda tailights
bbk off road hpipe
flomasters
saleen rollbar with third brake light

my car is flawless also and is a dily driver something you may be interested in so we may be able to do a trade if you want.. email me at [email protected]

·
Registered
29 Posts
if your looking for a daily driver check out these pics and let me know what you think www.mustangforums.com scroll down to classifieds for sale or trade go to page 4 look for FS92'5.0LX had the car since new just sits in garage with 60,000 original miles all mods are cosmetic except for exhaust email back at [email protected] let me know thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i like those cars, but i need something more practical than a hotrod. not so much the driveability issue, but i want something that i can leave parked anywhere without worrying about it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts