Ford Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Stock 1990 4 banger mustang getting ready for tear down.

Got the dog house off ready for new fenders, due to the bottom of the read ones starting to bubble and get taken over with rust, :crying:

I bought a bunch of parts off a guy in Indi, Indiana the parts consist of

-A Hatch
-All v8 wiring except ecm/ o2 harness (still looking for those.)
-Gas tank cover
-Various interior trim pieces
-Double hump trans X member
-Rear sway bar
-LH and RH front fenders
-Rear bumper with support
-V8 throttle cable
-Hatch striker/ latch
-all bolts/nuts/screws for everything

And it was all for $200, which to me was a steal!:leghump:

Okay so with that being said i got to work.
I had already removed the Dog house

And then i started on the rear bumper

For a car thats sat since 2005ish the car was in rather good shape.. So i thought.

So i got the white one and the white rectangle on the black trim is a faded bumper sticker.:curses:

With that being done and over with i moved back up to the front of the car, when i took the fenders off i noticed that the door jambs on each side were rusted pretty bad

passanger side

Driver side

More to come

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah ive been getting the heat sheild/ sound deadner nonsense the factory laied down its been a pain ill have some more pics up with in a day or two of it, the interiors gutted ive had to put a new igniton in it get a fuel pump and a hand full of other things but im focused on the interior because ive found alot of rust holes and one pretty bad thats gotten a part of the driver side rear frame rail which im not to excited about.. gonna be costly..

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Every bit of the interior is ripped prepping it for rust repair and roll cage

This it a hand sized rust hole in the floor board and firewall area

Now, this is what scares me the most... under the drivers rear seat is a rust hole that goes through the floor and parts of the frame..

And both of my shock towers are shot, is there anyway of either getting new onese? Does LRS have them?

And once again thanks for any feed back, This is my first project that has gtten this deep befor, im only 20 years old, so any advice and help would be appriciated and welcomed but there is more to come soon. Ps I have no welding skills. LOL. Yet.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
That's a lot of rust and labor needed to get that thing right. If you don't have someone close to you to do the welding (and I know you don't want to hear it), find another car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My father did body work for 20 some odd years, he said if i can find a welder hed do it, so it looks like im going to get a harbor frieght welder and let him do it. so im good there i hope but my main question is, is the frame able to be fixed? It aint to far gone is it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been a body man for 15-16 years and i like challenges , but those strut towers and frame rails are shot. I would get another car!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ill put my skills and determination and willingness to the limit and see if i can do it, ive got nothing but time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts