Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys. I am having an issue finding a power steering pump that will take the pulley off the old pump. Both new pumps are supposedly a replacement for an 89’ Mustang. I bought one from autozone and the pulley just slipped right over the shaft with no pressure or install tool. I just received an A1 Cardone and it is almost the same issue. The pulley slides almost all the way on the shaft and only needed the install tool for about 1/8 an inch to make level with the end of the shaft. This doesn’t seem right as I had a heck of a time getting the old one off. The last time I removed and stalled one I had to crank on it the whole way to get it on the shaft. Any ideas what the problem could be? Thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi. I also bought the pulley from LMR and this fixed my issue. I had to crank the whole way to get it seated and it worked out good. Somehow the old pulley must have expanded, but not sure. You should be good to go.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.