Ford Mustang Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 1989 Dark Shadow Blue GT with Grey Ground Effects. What is the paint code for the ground effects? The tag denotes 7N which equals Dark Shadow Blue. But the molding is designated with "III" which is not a Ford specific color. I tried Titanium for that year and it's not even close. I am trying to match the existing grey color for a couple of the grey panels that were damaged. The existing ground effects are a flat light grey color. Pulling my hair out!!

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
I have an 1989 Dark Shadow Blue GT with Grey Ground Effects. What is the paint code for the ground effects? The tag denotes 7N which equals Dark Shadow Blue. But the molding is designated with "III" which is not a Ford specific color. I tried Titanium for that year and it's not even close. I am trying to match the existing grey color for a couple of the grey panels that were damaged. The existing ground effects are a flat light grey color. Pulling my hair out!!
Yj is the code you need

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YJ only works for 1993. As I mentioned I tried this Titanium color and it did not match. There is a different paint code for 1987-1989. The color I need is closer to a light flat grey, not silver/titanium. Go on ebay and compare the 87-89s with the 93s. Different color all together.

·
Registered
608 Posts
I came up with the same 3- YJ, ZH, and 73

MK YJ = Twilight Blue Metallic Clearcoat/Titanium lower
MK ZH = Twilight Blue Metallic Clearcoat/Titanium lower

In 90 there was just a YJ for the second prefix, and no ZH. In 92 and 93, it went back to, and stayed YJ only agian. In 89, the two tone was defined as 73

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did anyone ever figure this out? I cant believe that it's a question without an answer.. I've got an 89 Burgandy GT and would love to know what the paint code is for the lower Ground effects.. Somebody has already tried painting it in the past (looks like rattle can) and it doesn't match the parts they missed at all.. Have had the car since beginning of Summer 2022. Summers now coming to an end and I'd like to paint the lower half this fall/winter with the proper grey. I've ordered a "new" window sticker 2 months ago and am still waiting on it. My hope is that there is something on it that gives me what I'm looking for... I'm sure their isn't so if anyone (even 10 years from now) FOR SURE knows the answer, please share and help the community out. Thanks and long live the Fox!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts